Part 14

👑👑👑

As our team stands at 2 wins to none, the committee decided to move the semi-final and final matches to tomorrow since most of the players are all exhausted from the elimination round. We were still feeling the excitement from the earlier games as we rode the bus. I sat by the window feeling my back stiffened. I was massaging it when someone grabbed them and did it for me. It was Elliot, with his familiar manly scent and sweat, smiling while rubbing my back.

"Are you that tired hmm?" He asked in a soft husky voice.

"Yeah, aren't you? We had three games, right? I think I overused my body today" I replied.

"I was tired, yeah, but I'm used to it by now," he shrugged as if boasting at me, giving me a mischievous look. So, I hit his arms, and he chuckled. "Aight, just relax, I'll make you feel better," he said while positioning my body for him to continue massaging my back. Of course, I was blushing hard. His hands were magical, and I could feel my back relaxing from his touch.

My ears made it really obvious that I was blushing the whole time, and what's embarrassing was that everyone heard my soft moan when I felt the sensation on my back. Elliot chuckled seductively.

"Hey, don't overwork his back. You might injure him," TJ spat out of nowhere.

"Mind your own business," Elliot spat back, giving him a sarcastic look.

"Oooooooh!" I heard the others chant in chorus, most of them trying to tease Elliot and TJ.

"Alright thanks, Elli, I'm good now," I interrupted.

"You sure? It really is fine with me," he offers sincerely. I knew Elliot was my angel, unlike the other jocks who happened to be our teammates. I muttered to myself.

"Yeah, I don't feel that stiff anymore, thanks Elli," I replied, smiling back at him. Elliot seemed to understand. It was not a very long drive after all. We arrived at our school 30 minutes before 6:00, so we did cool down and took a shower. The coach gave some reminders for tomorrow's match before we headed home.

"Good job, everyone, for today's match. As we all know, we qualified for the semis tomorrow, so take a rest and ready yourselves because tomorrow's gonna be tough, understood?!" The coach stated confidently.

"Yes, Coach!" We answered in chorus, and then he dismissed us.

Elliot drove me home that day, and I was really tired, so I went off to sleep easily.

The next morning, I woke up feeling my sore body, but I was used to it by now since we train daily. I checked my phone and saw that there were 10 missed calls from TJ. I was worried that it was an emergency, so I texted him to ask why he called me last night and apologize for not picking up.

I went out of the shower room and got ready for today's matches, but I noticed that TJ didn't respond to my texts. Oh well, we'll meet later anyway. I let it slide and went down to eat and head to school.

My parents were going to watch and support me today, so they drove me to school. Dad was on leave because Mom insisted for them to see me play, and dad, of course, was excited as he is about to see me for the first time in action. After dropping me off at school, I told them to go straight to the venue to early grab a seat with a nicer view. They understood and headed out first.

As I walked into the gym, I was greeted by my teammates who were already getting ready for the games. It was always exciting to be around them, especially during big competitions like this. I approached TJ, one of my closest friends and our team captain, to ask him about the missed calls from the night before.

"Hey TJ, you called me last night, right? Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked curiously, trying to remain calm.

He turned his gaze towards me and replied, "Yeah, oh nothing, I was just gonna check on you if your back still hurts from yesterday's match, you know I uh, captain duties hehe," scratching his head. He sounded genuine with his smile, but I couldn't shake off the awkwardness that lingered between us.

"I feel much better now, thanks for the concern, TJ!" I replied, trying to sound upbeat as I smiled back at him.

I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable around him, especially after what had happened between us. Memories of that night kept flashing back to me whenever I was alone with him. Before I could become too obvious, I turned back to him and said, "Hey, let's win this competition shall we?"

He replied cheerfully, "Yeah of course!" and we both shared the same level of enthusiasm.

Minutes later, we arrived at the arena once again, changed into our uniforms, and got ready for the match. Our team, along with three others, would compete for the championship. We were scheduled for the second game of the semi-final round.

Coach asked us to come out and watch the first game, so we could observe and learn from our opponents. The crowd was hyped up, and we were all excited for the games to begin.

The first set of the match was swift for Richard Browning, it was a dominant set for them. They had great ball control, and their attacks were working flawlessly. They simply outsmarted the players of Stanford.

"There is no question Richard Browning will be in the finals. They were the defending champions," Ivan told us. "They're going to be a tough opponent, but we have to at least try," TJ added. Everyone agreed with him, which boosted our morale to win.

Without a doubt, Richard D. Browning won the match. We were up next, and we did some ball passing for about 10 minutes before our match officially started.

Seth and I worked hand in hand to sweat and get ready. The referee blew the whistle, and our match began.

It was a difficult first set for us, but we managed to pull it off with a close 25-21. Everyone on my team was doing their job nicely, so we ended up victorious against Millikan High School. Their middle spiker challenged my defense, and it was working for them, but they committed the most errors. In the end, we were able to read their moves, which led us to victory.

I couldn't believe it when we made it to the finals. We had an hour to get ready, and I could feel the excitement building up inside me. This was it. The moment we had all been waiting for. We were going to play our hearts out and hopefully bring home the championship.

👑👑👑

Author's Note:

Hi, I'm back, so I'm still trying to finish this story.

How do you feel about this episode?

Please leave a comment and vote

Thanks 💜