Part 12

👑👑👑

I had a hard time sleeping last night, replaying the events from the previous night in my head. I couldn't believe TJ would do something like that, and I was left feeling confused about his true identity. I couldn't believe I let him do that to me - I felt like an idiot.

I woke up feeling groggy from my six-hour sleep. My head was pounding, but I knew I had to get up and prepare for the match we had been practicing for the past few months. We were going to compete in a sports convention center in the heart of the city. Our team gathered in our school's gym earlier to do some warm-ups before heading to the venue.

During warm-up, I stuck close to Elliot, trying to avoid any awkwardness between TJ and me. But, as usual, TJ wasn't making it easy for me. He kept bugging me whenever he saw an opportunity, joking about how excited he was to see me show off my swag and attitude during the game later that day. This led others to join in on the teasing, which made me feel uncomfortable.

"Everything okay?" Elliot asked, sitting beside me on our way to the sports convention. He looked concerned, noticing my silence.

I forced a smile and lied, "Yeah, it's just that I haven't had enough sleep last night because of today's match."

Elliot seemed to believe my excuse, "Everything will be fine, we can do this just like what we did yesterday, yeah?" He ruffled my hair and gave me a comforting smile. I was grateful to have Elliot as my buddy during the tournament, so TJ would stop bugging me.

"We'll see about that," I replied playfully, laughing with him.

Coach then gave us a pep talk for today's match, reminding us that we were representing our school and that we had to give it our best to win as many matches as possible. We arrived at the venue, which was a huge convention with multiple volleyball courts. We could hear the crowd cheering and screaming as we entered. We headed straight to the changing room to change into our jerseys and prepare for our match.

As I was putting on my socks, TJ sat beside me and whispered into my ear, "Did you get enough sleep last night?" Oh, god, not again.

I was unable to say anything, so I just nodded and avoided his curious gaze. "But your eyes show otherwise," he paused. "Look, I'm not sorry I did that last night, and please stop trying to avoid me," he added, catching my attention. What's up with him? He ruined my sleep, and now he's ruining my peace. "I don't want to make this complicated for the both of us, especially when we are teammates, and we have a competition to win," he said calmly. I had the same thought, idiot!

It was true; I was distracted by the memory of what happened. Although I was utterly confused about what we did last night, and now he approached me because he wants to settle things but wasn't apologizing about it? I have feelings too! This is deep shit!

To be honest, I felt somewhat hurt. He thinks I'm not serious about it. He thinks I'm down to give it any time, anywhere? He's wrong! Then suddenly, it hit me. We live in a liberated country, which is why all this felt normal to him. Alright, I should go with the flow, I guess? No!

"Don't worry, TJ. I'm not gonna let you down." Meeting his gaze, I touched his shoulders and smirked, trying to sound seductive.

It seemed like TJ was enjoying the attention he was getting from me, but I quickly removed my hand and resumed putting on my uniform. Just then, Elliott appeared and asked me for help with putting on his muscle tapes.

"Sure, I got you," I replied as I turned towards him. As I stood up, TJ touched my thighs, causing me to close my eyes and gasp. I was worried that Elliott might have noticed something was off between us, so I tried to act as if nothing had happened and helped Elliott with his tapes.

Once I was done, Elliott asked if I was ready. I shouted a confident "Hell yes!" which made him laugh. I was caught off guard when he suddenly hugged me, but I soon realized that Elliott was a hugger.

"Let's show them how it's done," Elliott whispered to me. I smiled in response and muttered, "Yeah."

Just then, our coach entered the changing room and shouted at us, "All right everyone! It's showtime!"

As I was getting ready to head out for the match ceremony, Elliot asked me a surprising question. "If we win today, will you go watch a movie with me?" My eyes widened in shock. Did he just ask me out on a date? Technically, yes, but only if we win the match.

"Don't worry Apol, it's my treat this time," he added with a charming smile while scratching his head. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his actions. "Uhm, yeah sure," I replied, trying to hide my excitement.

"Let's go then," he pushed my shoulders from behind and urged me to walk outside.

As we arrived at the ceremony, I saw that there were ten campuses competing for the qualification, and we were in Pool A. Seeing the other players up close was overwhelming, but I knew we were all prepared for this day.

I was wearing my customized sleeveless jersey shirt, which was quite loose and tucked into my short shorts. My ankle and knee supports were black, perfectly matching my tights and ankle. This outfit made me comfortable and confident, and luckily, the coach allowed me to wear it.

As the first service made it to our court, I wasn't the one to receive it, but I positioned myself to cover for a block. "Cover!" TJ shouted, and just as I expected, the opponent's middle blocker successfully blocked TJ's spike.

I quickly recovered the ball using my reflexes, extending my arms in front and digging it. It soared high once again and was given as a tip by our setter since it was too close to the net. The other team retrieved the ball and made a combination play. I was ready for a hardball and was served by the opponent's opposite spiker. I stumbled backward to absorb the power, and the ball soared again. I was fired up and ready to go!

Ivan, our setter, set up the ball and gave it to Elliot, who managed to score our first point of the game. We shouted in chorus, energetic throughout the first game.

👑👑👑

Author's Note: 

Hi guys! I'm so thrilled to write another episode of this book and I can't wait for you guys to know what will happen next 🤗

But before anything else, let me know your thoughts about this week's chapter!

Come on leave a comment! And vote! 🤗💜