CHAPTER XXIV

Eventhough its been so long, my love for you still going strong

Jennifer's POV

It's been 3 years. 3 years since my supposed to be "Best day" turns out to be my "Worst nightmare" A lot has changed. A lot has happened, but the the pain i've felt, it stays. It never change.

I pursue my passion. I'm now an editor in chief of a magazine here in

California. My life has changed since he left me. I'm not the old Jennifer anymore. I've lost my passion in love. I became the kind of person I thought I will never be. Indeed, pain changes people.

"Hey baby? Something's bothering you?" Jason said as she kissed my cheek.

I met Jason last year. When my life is at worst. He makes me happy, not the happiest girl but it's enough to cover the pain Harry had caused me. I don't know how many times I pushed him way. But still he stay. he's nothing but good to me. I guess I love him. I'm not sure. There are times that I still wish Harry is the one with me here, not him.

"I'm fine baby. Just thinking about my new article." I said as I went off the bed and dress myself.

"I have to go now." I told him.

"Jen? Why not move in with me? I've been asking you this for months"

"I love my house. That's it. I slept here 2 times a week. I think that's enough. I have to go to work now" I said as I left him. I heard him shout I love you. But I just ignore it.

Harry's POV

There isn't a day that I never thought about Jennifer, on how to explain everything to her. If I still have my chance. If she waited for me to comeback. I don't know.. Last year, I try to find her in New York. I went to our old house, to their company. But I knew that they left. I don't know where she is now. But I'm still hoping for the day where I can finally see her. I will never give up. I will do everything to have her back.

I did everything to ruin that fucking gang. Like how they ruined my life. I gain George's loyalty again, the leader. The moment I had his loyalty back. I set them up with the cops.. They were arrested. The last thing I knew about them is they tried to escape but was shot. Fuck them for ruining my life. For everything.

"Do you need anything sir?" The flight attendant asked.

"Can I just have a burger? With onions"  the flight attentand looks confused but she smiled and obey.

I'm now flying to California. The company that I applied for just hired me..

Jennifer's POV

I'm now at work when Loren my boss enter my workplace.

"Jen, be ready for a meeting tomorrow. It's for your new topic. And also for our upcomming event. I also have some announcements to say"

I just nod to her.. I'm excited for my new topic.

Meeting..

"So everyone's here already. I will discuss your new topics. You should write a very good article about this one. But I'm sorry to say that Jim, Jennifer's main photographer left." Loren said.

What?  Why do people always leave me. Jim is my photographer, were partners in every topic that I'm doing. He captures the moment while I write.

"Uhm. Why did he left? He didn't even told me."

"He was shy to tell you I guess. He left for Italy."

He always told me about how he loves Italy and how he wanted to live there. Oh well good for him. For leaving me alone.

"But the good thing is, we just hired your new photographer. Your new partner. And he's really good. He sent us some of his amazing works."

"Oh. That's great to hear." I told her.

Loren went outside to call my new photographer.

"Mr. Connick? Come in"

Mr. Connick. My heart just skipped a bit. Did I heard it right?

Then a man enters. My heart just stopped. I can't move. The guy I loved and made me beleive he loved me too. 3 years, but the pain that he caused me? I think it all came back. That day when he left me hanging. it flashed back. We gazed at each other. Both our eyes fixed. Those blue eyes I've longed to see. I never knew I could see him again and felt the same way I felt 3 years ago.. but the heartaches, the pain it's all there. And I never knew I could hate him this much. But I hate him.. so much.

I looked down breaking our gazed. I feel the urge of my tears. But I do my best to fight it. I don't want him to see me weak. I want him to see me as strong. A tough one. That the old Jennifer that he once loved is gone. That all that was left to me was anger and hate.

"Harry this is Jennifer. You two will be partners now" Loren said.

He spread his arms reaching for a handshake. I reach for his hand. He held my hand really tight. And the feels. It was all there.. I immediately removed my hands and sit. Trying to avoid any eye contact.

Harry's POV

I applied to this company to be a photgrapher once I saw that they were hiring. I pursue my dream to be a photographer. Jennifer, she's my inspiration. I was sitting at a chair when the main editor of the company went out.

"Mr. Connick? Come in"

I enter this room. And to my surprise I saw the woman I love. The only woman I ever loved. She's standing. She's still the most beautiful woman for me. Her hair became longer.. she's so gorgeous. But I can see in her eyes that she's sad. That she's in pain. Because of me. We gazed at each other. I wanted to run to her and embrace her, to tell her how much I waited for this day to come. To say how much I missed her. And finally kiss those lips. But I know how hurt is she. I know she wouldn't understand

I stretched my hand for a handshake. I wanted to hold her. She reached my hand and I held it tight. Not wanting to let go. But she immediately removed it.

I was just staring at her the whole time Loren is discussing the plan. How I missed her face. Her eyes, nose and those soft lips. I saw how much she fight the urge not to look at me. Loren finished discussing. All of them are going out including Jen.

I saw how fast she wanted to go. She walked passed me as if I'm not there. I bravely hold her arms before she could leave the room. But she removed it

"Don't touch me" she said in a tone that I never heard of her. she didn't look at me.

"I'm so happy to finally see you. I want us to talk. Jen I looked for you everywhere in New York. I-"

"I don't care. I stop caring a long time ago . I have to go. See you at work Mr. Connick"

She said leaving me alone, as I felt a tear escaped from eyes.