CHAPTER XXVII

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Jennifer's POV

I was kidnapped by my own gang

Those words keep echoing in my mind.

"Wha-what?" I told him.

"I've been trying to tell you this, but you never gave me the chance to explain it to you." He told me with tears falling from his face.

I wanted to wipe his tears but something's holding me back..

"You were kidnapped? How? Why?" I asked him curiously

He took a deep breath and stand up from kneeling in front of me, he return sitting on the bench beside me. Still inches a part.

"I went back to our house to get my bow tie and camera. Someone knock and when I opened it I saw three men wearing bonnets and the last thing I knew I was in my gang's hideout"

I narrowed my eyes.

"But why? I thought you left them? Did you lie to me again?"

"No Jen! I did. I did left them,but they don't want me to leave. They threathen me.."

I gazed at Harry's face. I can see the pain reflecting on those blue eyes.

"Why didn't you escape? I was waiting for you! And that letter Angelo gave me."

"Beleive me Jennifer. I didn't write that. Why would I do that? Why would I leave you? You know how much I love you! You know that"

I paused for a second.

"I don't know anymore Harry." I told him.

He looked at my side.

"Jen... I tried. I tried to escape. But they told me they'll kill you if I did"

Harry's POV

I was expecting Jen to be terrified once I told her that they supposed to kill her. But she just laughed as tears keep on falling from her beautiful face.

"I died Harry. Since you left. Every fucking day I'm dying! You should have let them kill me! At least I won't feel the pain i'm feeling right now.Because there isn't a day that I didn't long for your touch, for your warm embrace for your kisses and that kills me everyday. It kills me knowing that you left me hanging" she said sobbing.

I hugged her tightly.. she keeps on pushing me, trying to let go but I just tighten the hug. She's crying in my arms.

"That's why I'm here now. Trying to explain everything. Trying to make things right" I said as my tears fell on her cheeks.

"Too late.. I guess" She said

"No. It's never too late when it's true love. I looked for you  Jen. I try to find you. Everywhere in New York. You have no idea how much I waited for this day to come. Your not the only one whose been in pain for 3 years."

She finally removed my arms from hugging her. And sit straight at the bench..

"Don't you dare talk to me about pain" She said seriously

"What? Jen I explained to you everything! It's not my choice. Why don't you understand that? Fuck! I'm also in pain! I'm also hurt. And seeing you like this just worsen the pain i'm feeling..You have know idea what I went through just to be here with you!"

I told her, my hands pressed on my knees as I looked down.

"Why do you have to be like this? Why do you have to be this stubborn? to be this hard. This is not the Jennifer I knew"