CHAPTER XIV

You take my breath away

Jennifer's POV

I walked away. Tears started streaming down my face.. Why did he lie? I rushed to my car and drive home. Again I feel so hurt. So betrayed.

Harry's POV

We didn't kill the poor guy. We didn't get any information from him. But we beat him so bad. I looked at my phone.

20 missed calls from Jennifer. Oh shit. I tried to call her but she doesn't pick up. It's already 10 pm. I bet she's already home. I rushed to her house to see her.

I knocked. "Jen? It's me Harry. I'm so-"

She opened the door. If only her stare could kill, I think I''ll be dead. She look so mad.

"Jen? Baby are you crying?" I try to wipe her tears but she moved my hands away

"I'm sorry. I know your mad. I just have something really important to do.. I'll make it up to you" I walked closer to her to hug her. But she pushed me away. Wow

She looked at me still crying.

"Why did you lie Harry?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw you with those group of men! you're beating that poor guy. What are you Harry? Who are you?!!" She screams.

I'm stunned. My mouth opened.

"I can explain"

"Explain what? You lied to me harry!"

"Can you please let me explain first? I'm with that gang for almost 3 years. My mom has cancer and we don't have any money. I have no choice! Yes I lied to you. Because i'm afraid. I'm afraid you'll leave me when you knew"

"I will never leave you Harry! No matter what happens. I just don't want you lying to me. I feel betrayed" she said softly.

I walked towards her.

"I'm sorry I lied to you. I'm about to tell you Jen. Beleive me. Sorry."

"But you can quit Harry.. You can find better work. Not like this. What if you get hurt?"

"I'm used to this Jen. And I promise you. When I've got enough money. I'll quit."

"Promise?"

"I promise. I'll save enough money. Then I will quit. Then find a better job" 

She pecked my lips.

"Just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt, or getting caught by the cops."

I nod.. I love Jennifer so much that I can do anything for her.

Jennifer's POV

I'm at the office, I can't focus on my work. I'm still worried about Harry.

someone knocked at the door.

"Mam Jennifer, your father wanted to see you"

"Oh. Okay tell him. I'm coming".

"Dad? You wanted to see me? What is it?"

"I'm glad. Bradley and you broke up. I never like that asshole for you"

I rolled my eyes.

"If this is about my personal life. I really have no time for this"

"We'll be having dinner tonight with our close friends. You have to be there"

That made me smile. I thought about Harry. I should bring him.

"Can I bring someone? I want you to meet him"

My father frowned.

"Him? Who is he?"

"You'll know tonight"

I left his office and immediately call Harry.

"Hello baby. Be ready for tonight. Wear something formal okay? I love you"

Harry's POV

Jen called me and ask me to wear formal tonight. It makes me nervous.

I wear my black tuxedo. This is the most formal clothes I have. I went to Jennifer's house and when she open the door. Again I'm in awe. She's wearing a silver gown with a left slit. Damn her legs.

"You never fail to take my breath away" i said.

She just giggled.

"Wanna drive my porsche?" She smirked

"I would love too"

Were now at this fine dining restaurant. And i'm feeling really nervous.

Jennifer hold my hand.

We proceed to this table consists of rich business man.

"Who are you with princess?" The lady said. I think she's jennifer mother they're completely alike

"Everyone, he's Harry my boyfriend"

I heard murmurs. I saw my father glared.

"Good evening everyone" harry said.

Were now sitting with them.

"So Harry right? What do you do for a living?" My father said.

Harry looked at me. I squeezed his hand.

"I'm a DJ." I heard  lot of murmurs.

"A DJ? What kind of job is that?"

"A dj dad. He mix songs at the bar. You don't know that because you never been to a bar"

I heard giggles. I can't make him insult Harry.

Then another group of his friends came. They looked really familiar.Especially their son.

"So Jennifer. Do you remember him? It's Marc Anthony. Your childhood friend"

Oh. That's why he's familiar.

"Yes. I remember him. Btw this is Har-" my father cut me.

"So take a sit. How are you guys doing?"

"Were fine. Glad to see you again Jennifer. You look gorgeous."

Harry squeezed may hand. It's like a signal for us. Of what we feel.

"Uhm. Jennifer can I talk to you for a while?" My father said.

"Uh yes. Baby. Excuse me for a second." I told Harry

My father and I went to the balcony of the restaurant

"I'm thinking about merging our company with Muniz"

"But why? Are company is doing fine."

"Our company now is at it's worst. Were slowly going down, and the only way I can think of. Is by having a partnership with the Muniz"

"What? So what do you want? I can set up a meeting. I'll convince them"

"No. We can't merge with them unless one of us will be a Muniz" he looked at me. My heart is pounding.

"I want you to marry Marc Anthony"

My heart just dropped. No.