CHAPTER XXX

Harry's POV

We broke the kiss. Were just looking at each other startled about what happened. I'm surprised of what Jen did, I've been wanting to do that. That kiss, it saves me. It saves me from all the pain, all the heartaches I've been feeling all this years. It's the best kiss we've ever shared. It was cover with sadness, heartaches, longingness and of course love. Does this mean forgiveness?

"I'm.. I'm sorry.." Jennifer said about to leave me alone again. but I grab her hand and pull her to a hug.. a tight hug.

"No.. I'm sorry. For everything.." I told her as I caress the back of her hair. She's crying.. I can feel the pain of each tears that is streaming down her face.

Then she pulls away into my hug and wipe her tears. She looked at me. Me still waiting for those 3 words.

"This is wrong Harry. Just forget this. Forget that I kissed you. Forget that this happened"

I lean closer to her and held both of her arms.

"No Jennifer. I clearly felt everything I need to feel. That kiss. I know how much you meant it Jen. how much you wanted that. Every brush of your lips it lingers through my whole body."

I cupped her face and gazed at her eyes.

"I know.. Even if you don't say it. I already felt it. You love me. You still do. From the very first time we talked. I knew it already."

"I'm afraid Harry." She mumbled

"Jennifer don't be afraid.. I'm here. Were here for each other. If you're thinking about me leaving you again, No. That's not gonna happen. It will never happen again. I will never lose you again"

"I.. I just need time to be alone for now. Because this is not easy for me. I'm thinking about Jason too" she said not looking at me

Jason again!!

I removed my hands from her face.

"Him again? Do you even love him?"

"I don't wanna hurt him!! You don't understand Harry."

"And what? It's okay for you to hurt me?" I told her making her lost for words.

She moved closer to me, and held both of my hands..

"I just need time Harry" she said holding her tears back

I just nod at her. I'm willing to wait and give her every time in the world she wants. Because I know at the end it's still us. It's still us that will grow old together. I know and I'm sure. I'm sure because I love her and she loves me.

"I should go" She said

"Let me walk you home." I told her as I slowly slipped my hand on hers.

She looked at me frowning but with a little bit of smile.

"Can I?" I said looking at her.

She just smiled and held my hand tightly. We walked through her house with our hands intertwined. We finally reached her house. How I wish it's farther so I can hold her hand for a long time.

"I have to go. We have an early work tomorrow" she said. Our hands still intertwined.

She's about to let go of my hand to go inside her house, but I tighten the grip not wanting her to go.

She raised her eyebrows.

"Mr. Connick? Excuse me but it's getting late" she said with sass

"Sorry.." I told her as I pull her closer to kiss her forehead.