CHAPTER XLIV

Love in the third degree

Jennifer's POV

I shut Harry's car and about to enter the hotel.. when I heard a loud crash. My mouth opened. That's Harry's car.

"Oh my God." I murmured.

"Can you please look for her first." I told the guard as I left Andrea.

I ran to Harry's car, tears started streaming down my face. I saw how the truck hit his car.

"Harry? Harry!!" I screamed as I went closer to his car, I opened the other door and I saw Harry's face bleeding. He's arms stucked by the truck.

"Harry! Please! Help!!!" I screamed asking for help. Then the ambulance came

He was rushed to the hospital. I left Andrea to Leah, I don't wanna see her dad like this.

"I'm sorry.. but you have to stay here." The doctor told me.

I grabbed his arm before he go.

"Please.. please do everything.. i'm begging you." I told the doctor.

He just gave an unsure smile before he proceed to the operating room.

I waited. Praying that when the doctor comes out in that room he will give me good news. That Harry is fine. I just cried and cried. Thinking that it was my fault. If I didn't act like a bitch towards Harry and just forgave him easily, this wouldn't happen. And that breaks my heart. I can't lose Harry. Not now.

My heart is beating so fast.. I don't know what to do if ever Harry won't make it. I'll forver blame myself and be miserable. Then finally the operating room opens. The doctor came out rushing.. I stood up and rushed to him.

"He's fine right?.. Right? Please tell me he's fine..." I told the doctor as I continue to cry..

"His head was damaged. And we can't do anything about it.. minutes after you came here.. he's heart is not functioning.. we try. We did everything.. were really sorry." The doctor said as he walked passed me.

I was left there as my body froze. My mouth opened as tears keep on falling from my face..

"No.. No!!" I keep on sobbing as I fell on my knees.

He can't die. We had a promise.. I enter the operating room, there's still nurses there. They looked at me thinking I shouldn't be here.

"I'm sorry mam, but-"

"No!" I pushed them away as I went to Harry. He's lying.. his face still full of sore. I linger his face.

"Wake up.. Wake up Harry. Please.." I said wishing he would hear me, wishing he's still alive.

The nurses grab me in the arms pulling me away to him.. I pulled my arms to them.

"Mam you really need to go now"

"Please!! Just let me." I told them as they release me, letting me be with Harry.

I caressed Harry's face..

"Hey.. Stop messing with me.. Get up. I need you. Andrea needs you. Please.." I said as I continue to sob.

"Why do you have to leave me so early. You promised right? How many years should I have to wait this time just to be with you again? You told me we'll grow old together.. Harry..." I sob as I hugged him.

"Mam, were really sorry but you have to go now." The nurses told me as they grab my arms and pulled me out the room. My eyes still locked on Harry until i'm finally out.

Then I watch the door closes carefully. Until I can no longer see Harry's face.. It feels like i'm about to lose my shit

I went back to the hotel. Still not beleiving what had happened. I opened the hotel room, wishing Harry is here, that he's just surprising me. That he didn't really die. But as I enter the room.. no sign of him. The silence.. it's killing me.. I let Andrea stay with Leah for tonight.I didn't told them that Harry's gone.. because I can't..

I looked around.. and saw Harry's black leather jacket. His favorite jacket... I grab it, and hugged it.. as I start to cry again. The cry full of pain.. This is the pain that will never leave my heart.. never.. Everything happens so fast.. unexpectedly. I didn't even told Harry how much I love him.. for the last time...

I remembered when I went out the car.. he told me he loves me. But I just shut his door.. I ignored him. And I can't forgive myself for doing that.

I lay in the bed still hugging his jacket.. I close my eyes as tears continue to stream down my face. I think of Harry.. his smile, those blue eyes.. that I will never see again. That will forever be just in my memories. And that.. that kills me.. I just wanna die. That when I cry myself to sleep I won't be able to wake up anymore.. but then I thought about Andrea.. I have to be strong for us.

I just continue to sob. Thinking if only I could turn back time. But no I can't.. I didn't even had the chance to kiss his lips and hug him, and I regret that.. because that will never happen again. I will never feel his warm embrace or his soft kisses again. Never again..

It's true that when you still have the chance to be with your love ones, just appreciate them make them feel important and tell them how much you love them. because you'll never know when will be the last time that you'll be with them..

I just close my eyes.. hoping that when I wake up.. Harry's still beside me. But then I started to cry again.. because there's nothing that I can see but his smile, when he pouts like a kid. And I can still hear his laugh.his sweet voice, when he sings at me.. when he kissed me and touch me. All of that only in my memories now..

I hug his jacket tighter..

"I love you Harry.. and I will never love someone like I loved you. Promise"  I mumbled thinking Harry is the one i'm hugging right now.

His memories will forever be in my heart.. forever..

~THE END~

They say in every endings there's always new begginings..

What if these things never happened? What if  Harry and Jennifer never really met? What if everything is just a dream between the two of them? Would things change? Would they still be together? Would Harry live?

Anything is possible..