1

Lux's pov 

(Lux's outfit is pictured above)

Monday Morning

It was five in the morning, and I had just gotten woken up due to my dad yelling. You see, I used to live in New York City with my family and went to a high school kinda close to my house. But due to the insane amount of work and stress my old high school was giving me, we decided to move to the suburbs of Chicago. 

Along with us, my best friend Veronica moved with here as well, into the house next door with her dad and his girlfriend. Her sister attended a middle school a few blocks away from our school, Shermer High School. 

Veronica and I were going to spend our senior year, college, and possibly the rest of our lives here. I was glad, it was a break from New York. 

As I got up, I walked to my closet to pick an outfit for the day. I wanted something that stood out but wasn't too flashy, you know? As I searched for an outfit I could hear my family yelling for me to come down. 

"Okay! Alright! I'll be down in a bit!!" I screamed back, hoping they'd stop the complaints. I picked out something and headed to the bathroom to get ready, sighing as I knew it was gonna be a long day.

After getting everything ready, I headed downstairs to the kitchen where my mom had already made me my breakfast and coffee, thank god, because without it I would have had no energy to even leave this damn house. 

I sat in silence as I ate, trying to just clear my mind as I thought about how to approach this new environment. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard someone talking behind me and I turned my head to see veronica, my best friend, standing before me already dressed. 

"Hey lux, ready to be wowed by something that isn't New York City for once?" she asked as she laughed and sat down.

"Honestly no, what if it's worse then our old school? and what if people start coming at us for no reason? you know I'm not gonna be able to handle some of the girls trying to be fake and shit. you and I have already dealt with enough of that". I said, the panic on my face growing more and more by the second, veronica put her hand on my shoulder with a reassuring smile.

"Lux, it's gonna be okay. I promise that we are gonna have a fun senior year and that it's gonna be better than our previous high school experience. We just gotta believe that it will be." and with that sentence we both got up and headed out the door, meeting my father who was already waiting for us in the car.

                                                                                     * * *

We soon arrived at our new school, it was definitely bigger than our old one and it was something we weren't used to. See our old high school was really small, it only had two floors and was in someplace that used to be an office building. So this was a huge step for both of us, but I don't think we were gonna be complaining.

"oh my god! this is so much better than our old school!" Veronica whisper shouted, causing me to smile. This was amazing, the school seemed so lively and it looked welcoming, nothing like our previous highschool. 

"But do you think we can handle a school like this?" I asked veronica, getting anxious again. I could not stomach being in a new city and having the same experiences, I'm hoping this year is gonna be amazing.

"Girl we will be fine! We just gotta breathe and be ourselves, let's do this okay?" Veronica said to me while raising her hand, indicating she wanted a high five. After hearing veronica's pep talk, we walked towards the entrance of the school, bracing ourselves for whatever might come up. 

"Okay first we should find the office and get our schedules and shit like that sorted out," Veronica said as she started to look around the hallway we were in. 

"But Veronica, you aren't wearing your glasses..how the hell are you gonna find it?" I asked her, holding back a laugh. She burst out laughing, looking at me before replying,  "This is why we're best friends, I'd be so lost without you oh my god".

Eventually, my eyes landed on what looked like the main office and we walked in. As we walked in, a bunch of staff just looked at us..oh god they're gonna think we're weird, aren't they? As I was trying to calm down, I heard one of the ladies that worked there speak up.

"Hi ladies, what can I help you with?" Her voice was sweet, almost too sweet and it bothered me. 

"Well we just moved to Chicago and we're new transfer students, we were just wondering if we could have some help with our schedules and things like that?" Veronica replied, which surprised me. 

Normally she can never do these things that confidently, it takes her a couple of minutes to speak up...maybe this school is good for us. The lady smiled as if she had just remembered something, asking us to follow her into an office, I'm assuming it's the principal's office? 

Once I walked in, I knew I was right, looking around made me happier as I noticed how welcomed I felt. I stood there with veronica awkwardly until he spoke up, kind of anxious to hear what he was gonna say but also excited by it? 

"Ah, so you ladies are the new transfers from New York City, right? have a seat and we'll help you both," he said with a smile as he greeted us both. 

-

-

-