2

(Veronica's outfit is pictured above)

Veronica's POV

We sat down and I looked around, taking in the atmosphere and smiling at it. I saw multiple awards, sports and academic-related, this school seemed nice.

 I waited for the principal to speak up and introduce us to our schedules and how the school operated, as I sat there, I noticed lux fidgeting. I grabbed her hand, as a sign of reassurance that we were gonna be okay.

"So ladies, here are your schedules, we arranged them for you before your visit here. I hope you'll find the classes easy, but if you have any problems, feel free to come by and say something. Other than that, here is a map of the school and a list of clubs and volunteer activities in case you ladies are interested." He stated firmly.

I smiled and thanked him as the secretary took us back out to the hallway. I thanked her and I and lux started to review where the rooms were and which classes we had together.

"It looks like we have Math, English, Gym, and Home Economics together? yes!!" I shouted, happy to have things that interested me, well not math but still.

 I was also thrilled that I had four classes with lux, but what else did I have? I looked and saw my last four classes were history, biology, cursive and divers ed.

"what are your last four classes lux?" I asked her as we look at each other's schedules. "Well after we have lunch together we're in History together. Then I have french, theater, and art," she stated while laughing, making me laugh too. 

 "Anyway lets head to our first class, which unfortunately is math," I said, earning a groan from lux.  I laughed as we walked down the hallway, looking to try and see if the class we were standing in front of was the right one.

 It was not, sadly. "ugh where the hell is it?" I questioned, while lux looked around, us both hopeless...

"oh my god, look! who the hell is that?" she asked me as I looked up, and saw a guy who was most likely a bad boy, not my type but lux will probably like him.

 He looked up and smiled, but only for a slight second before taking a match out of his pocket and striking it against his teeth, lighting it in the process. I thought about my answer for a bit, finally deciding to speak just so lux wouldn't get anxiety.

"Hey, lux, maybe try asking him where the math class is? So that one you have an excuse to talk to him and so we figure out where the hell our class is." I said, dying to see the outcome of this. I smiled at her as a sign of reassurance as she prepared to walk up to this strange bad boy.

"Alright, I'm going to do it," she said with a firm nod, probably getting herself ready for the conversation in her head. As she walked forward, I could see her hands shaking. I could tell she was nervous, and knowing lux, she was probably freaking the hell out. hopefully, this goes well?

Lux's pov

I was sweating as I walked up to this guy, first off he was attractive and intimidating, second what if he just brushed me off? I took a step forward before letting out a shaky breath, trying to compose myself as I prepared for an interaction that I hoped wasn't awkward.

He looked at me for a second and smirked, but somehow I kept my cool. "Hi sorry to bother you, but I and my best friend are new to this school and the area and were just wondering if you have any idea where the math class is? um for seniors that is" I stated, hoping he'd reply and we could get out of this quickly.

"oh, so that's what you too ladies want? alright, sweetheart, it's down that way and to the left...unless you need an escort? How about it, sweets? " He said with a wink, and I decided to take the latter and go for it...at this point what could go wrong?

"Alright, I'll take you up on that offer," I said with a smile, hoping that I wasn't coming off too strong. Not because he smiled at me in response, before gesturing for me and veronica to follow him down the hall. I smiled at veronica as we walked with him, me trying to keep my composure.

We finally got to the class and stopped in front of it, I smiled at him before we went in. "Thank you again..." I trailed off, realizing I never asked for his name. He seemed to pick up on this and smiled at me with a wink, before answering.

"The name's Bender, don't forget it doll face " He stated with a smirk before walking off in the other direction, and I swear I was affected for real this time, thank god veronica held me up because wow this boy...

"Do you need to breathe before we go into our class? I mean there's only twenty minutes left but still. Also, how was your conversation with Bender? he seemed to like you a lot!" Veronica said, clearly excited. 

I have to admit, having that interaction was nice, but how could I know if he was a jerk or not? I hoped he wasn't and that if I got to know him he'd be sweet...

"No, I'm okay let's just go into class and introduce ourselves and just get through the first day," I replied, smiling before turning the doorknob and walking into the classroom with veronica following behind me. I just hope this day will be good, for both of us that is. 

-

-