10

This takes place on the same day as the previous chapter. It's now lunchtime. 

Veronica's pov

Lux and I came out of our Home Economics class, getting ready for lunch. When we walked out, I saw Haim standing outside the class. Was he waiting for us? How sweet if he was. I froze up, making Lux laugh and push me towards him which caused me to stumble, Haim reached out and caught me in his arms.

I looked up and was met with some beautiful blue eyes that stared right into my soul if I let them. He smiled down at me brightly, my face was slightly red as he scanned my face. Before it got awkward between him and me being in the hallway I glared back at Lux for deliberately doing this to me, embarrassing me.

Lux walked over to the other side of Haim. "Sup, dude." She announced with a knowing smirk. Haim had put an arm around my shoulder to try and support me as best he could from me being so clumsy. I glanced at Lux, giving her a look that said Are you seeing this?!? Her smirk only grew wider.

"Hey, Lux." He replied as we all began walking to lunch together. "So what were you two girls talking about in the gym?" He asked Lux and I's faces froze up with angst as she glared at me. Her face said it all if you say anything I'll get you later. I let out a worried breath, I can't betray Lux but I know I'm gonna give in if Haim asks me about it.

We both didn't say anything again, but I knew Haim would try and get it out of me, maybe I can dodge the question? I gazed down at the floor, trying to figure out what to say next. I was a blushing mess, the guy I liked had his arm around me and I was not okay. I didn't notice Lux walked up ahead because it was just me and Haim in the hallway now, I saw Bender carrying Lux on his back? Was he giving her a piggyback ride in the middle of the hallway?

I rolled my eyes slightly and sighed, turning to Haim who was already gazing down at me. "Haim, why is she with him? How did that happen in the span of like two seconds?" I rambled on dramatically using my hands as emphasis.

He laughed at my actions. "Now that we're alone, can you please tell me what you two were talking about?" He asked. "Feldman was worried." I sighed again, damn..he's not gonna let it go, is he?

I gazed up at him for a second, fumbling with my hands for a bit before speaking. "But Lux...said I can't say anything. I wanna tell you, Haim...but I promised" I whined, hoping he'd forget about it? But I doubt he would.

I kept my gaze at the floor feeling bad for keeping this a secret but I have too. I mean if I tell him he can't say a word to Feldman yet and I mean it. It's not my place to say this but...

Suddenly I felt his hand go under my chin bringing my face up to look at him as I was caught with his blue ocean eyes that I love so much. He brought his face a little closer to mine. "...Please?..." He whispered in a sweet light voice that caught me off guard as his eyes never broke contact with mine.

I breathed out slowly as he continued to stare into my eyes, me trying to not be affected by him. It wasn't working. "Alright, Alright, I'll tell you" I gave in, slightly poking his chest. "You better not tell Feldman yet! I promised Lux I wouldn't tell anyone..."

He smirked at me proudly that he won. I looked around to make sure no one was next to us before continuing. "So earlier Lux and I came out of English, and Steph was outside waiting for her and then he asked her to go out with him on Friday," I explained already feeling guilty for doing this. "But she didn't say yes cause she likes Bender and doesn't want to hurt him." I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.

His face was full of shock, his eyes widened and mouth hung open as he listened to what I just told him. He shook his head baffled. "This is deeper than we thought." he declared, meeting my gaze.