15

This chapter takes place on the same day as the previous chapter, but later in the day during Lux's last class. This is mainly a filler chapter, the next chapter is going to be similar. 

Lux's pov

I sat in my art class, it's the last period of the day and I'm so glad that we don't do much. All I could focus on was what happened at lunch, I don't know why Feldman was so interested in my love life. I just wanted to know why he got so frustrated earlier, it isn't his problem, he doesn't have to worry about me and my decisions.

Also, on the other hand, I'm waiting impatiently in my seat tapping my fingernails on the desk wanting it to be two-thirty so I can meet Bender. I need to get my mind off things but I also need to confront him on his behavior at lunch especially towards Veronica, it was unacceptable.

I know I need to confront Bender but, I honestly don't know how he'll take it. He may agree with me but I know that's highly unlikely. Bender loves starting fights, I just hope he can at least try to stop it for me. But then again, he might just not even care that it's affecting me.

I glanced up at the clock above the chalkboard signaling to me that it was time for me to go meet Bender. I raised my hand to the teacher. "Mrs?" She turned around to face me. "May I go to the bathroom please?" I asked in the fakest sweet voice I could muster.

She reluctantly nodded at me as she went back to facing the chalkboard. I quickly got up and left the classroom in a hurry. Good thing Veronica wasn't here to try and stop me, I love her but I'm not about to pass up this opportunity.

I walked out of the class heading down the hall in the direction of the east janitor's hall. Just as I was about to turn the corner someone bumped right into me startling us both in the process. I regained my composure. "Watch where you're go-"

"Lux?" Feldman asked as he gazed at me dumbfounded that it was me he bumped into. Oh great, this should be interesting.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No, the ice cream man," I answered in sarcasm. I don't mean to be so rude to him but..it hurt me what he said earlier.

He sighed out of annoyance at my remark. "Lux, I have to talk to you." He started taking hold of my arm and bringing me by the lockers in private.

He finally let go as I snatched my arm away. "Feldman, I'm not too sure I wanna talk to you." I declared crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked a little hurt by that but brushed it off. "Listen, Lux, I'm sorry about earlier." He confessed gazing at the ground for a moment. "I was just frustrated and fed up with-" He paused as he gazed up at me concerned on what he should say. "...With how Bender treated Veronica earlier." He finished as he held his head up sure of himself.

Ohhhh so he did even care about what he said he only cares that Bender insulted Veronica. That explains everything. I knew it!

I scoffed and gazed down at the ground processing my thoughts."Ohhh so that's why you were angry?" I implied with annoyance and sarcasm in my voice as I gazed back up at him. "So it had nothing to do with me, did it?"

I was getting more and more heated by the minute. To be entirely honest I don't know why I'm getting so angry, I guess I was not expecting him to bring Veronica into this.

He shook his head. "No Lux, that's not the only reason." He debunked getting a step closer.

I shook my head not believing a word he said. "No, no, no, there's no need to explain.," I exclaimed with sarcasm. By now I was boiling, he doesn't care about me, why would he? "If you care so much about Veronica, why don't you just end up with her?!" I turned around walking away from him. Why did I just say that to him? Where did that even come from?