17

This is a filler chapter, and pretty short.

This chapter is set in April, exactly one month after the last chapter. 

Corey Haim's Pov

I was standing by my locker impatiently, looking up at the clock that was in the hallways of our school. Feldman was checking himself out for some reason with the mirror that happens to be in his locker, making me laugh at his actions.

I don't know why, but I had this impulsive feeling to go and watch Veronica cheerlead today. She told me once before that she had cheerleading practice on Thursday, so why not go pay her a visit?

I turned to Feldman, hitting his shoulder. "Dude, I overhead Veronica saying she has cheerleading on Thursdays, and I don't know why but I wanna go and watch." I began constantly glancing at the clock until it strikes three 3:30. "You can come along too," I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows at him.

He chuckled and shook his head at my comment. "Dude, why would I watch your  girl cheerlead?" He asked with a puzzled grin. "You know I'm only interested in Lux..." He stated, going back to fixing his hair.

I snickered at him. "Well, normally Lux is always around Veronica so she might be there!" I exclaimed, hoping that would get him on board to come, which I think it did because he froze up,

He closed his locker and turned to face me as he waved his hand at me dismissively. "Alright, let's go watch your girlfriend perform." He teased me with a smirk.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "She's not my girlfriend, bub." I clarified as we began walking down the hall. "..Not yet." I reminded him as we both made our way towards the gym.

We eventually reached the gym as I peeked in, looking around for Veronica. I was searching around for a few minutes before I spotted her, smiling instantly once I noticed she was there.

I heard Feldman chuckle. "Heh.'' I turned around to face him with confusion on my face, what the hell?

I turned to him. "Heh? What the hell is heh?" I questioned with an amused smirk.

Feldman shrugged. "It's how I laugh. You know, heh." He responded,

I shake my head in response. "Learn how to laugh like a man." I declared with a snicker.

Feldman laughed at me again. "Come on man, let's go," I stated, pulling Feldman into the gym and to the top of the bleachers so we could watch Veronica and not be noticed since V never wears her glasses.

We've been here for a good while, watching as Veronica was being thrown in the air and doing all kinds of flips and tricks. It was fun to see her so enthusiastic to keep going, she's so cute.

As I was watching her, I noticed the gymnastics team on the other side of the gym. I glanced over and had to take a double-take to realize who it was. Lux?!?? What the hell is she doing here? She's on the gymnastics team? The more you know.

I nudged Feldman's side, making him turn to me. "What do you want?" He asked, looking at me uninterested.

I rolled my eyes. "Look who's over there in the black leotard. " I stated, pointing in her direction. I watched as he looked over to her as his jaw dropped, he was obviously mesmerized by seeing her like this. I laughed out loud, finding this hilarious.

Feldman seemed nervous, his eyes darting away from Lux and down to his feet, anxious. I patted his back. "Dude, just go over there and talk to her," I replied with a smile.

He glanced at me for a second and sighed, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I don't know, man.." He shook his head with uncertainty, now facing where Lux was warming up. "..She'll know." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "..That's the point, dude." I clarified. He needs to get a start on this and since she's here, ironically, he should just go over there now.

Feldman shook his head again now facing me. "..No, she's got a boyfriend, Corey." He debunked, keeping his gaze down.

I sighed and rolled my eyes again. The only way anything's gonna happen between them is if I intervene. I got up from the bleachers and took hold of Feldman's arm bringing him up to his feet as he watched me with curiosity. "Dude, just go over there." I took both his shoulders and turned him around and pushed him towards the direction of Lux's team.

He stumbled over to the other side of the bleachers as he awkwardly sat down and watched Lux and her team stretch. I saw Lux gaze up as she stared at him puzzled on why he was here. She then directed her gaze to me and shook her head.

I just chuckled and shrugged my shoulders in response. I'm a good friend to them both. I sat back down in my spot on the bleachers and continued to watch Veronica perform with her team.

I watched as all the girls took a quick water break, them all running over to the bleachers to get their stuff. Now's my chance. I got up confidently straightening my jacket and fixing my hair and walked down the bleachers over to Veronica, who was talking to one of the other girls.

Both girls looked towards me, the taller one smirking at Veronica and walking away. Veronica turned on her heel and smiled at me as she played with her hair.

I leaned closer to her, smiling brightly at her before saying hi. "Hi Angel, how's cheer practice?" She looked away for a moment, twirling a piece of her hair between her index finger, something I've noticed she does when flustered.

Veronica gazed up at me and smiled again. "It's good, I've improved." She happily announced. "..What are you doing here?" She asked me.

I stiffened up at her question, I didn't want to tell her I purposely was here to watch her. I scratched the back of my neck trying to come up with an answer. "..Um, it was Feldman's idea.." I stuttered. Shit, was that all I could think of?

She smirked at me. "Oh okay." She nodded, amused. "..But Feldman doesn't know me or Lux's after school schedule.." She continued to smirk, leaning into me knowing that wasn't true.

My eyes widen in response. Of course, she knows that wasn't the real reason. Why did I think that was gonna work? "..You're right," I confessed gazing down. "...I just thought I'd come to wish you good luck."

Veronica gazed up at me and grinned. "Thanks, Haim, that's really sweet of you!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I was shocked, we never really hugged like that and Veronica's never forward with me.

I hugged her back, sliding my face into the crook of her neck. I wish this could last longer but her teammates were already calling her back. She pulled away, waving at me before skipping back to the tall girl from earlier.

-

-

-