4

Lux's pov

It's been a week of me and veronica at our new school, we've gotten closer to Andie and duckie and we now have our group of friends. I keep bumping into that kid from my math class, who I learned was named steff. Despite Andie's warnings I still can't get over how attractive he is, and it's driving me crazy. 

But my problem is not just him, there are two other guys I have started to take a liking to and I don't know what to do. I've seen them in the hallways, at lunch and even in some of my classes, I need to figure this out with the girls.

 I kept my head down as I walked to my locker, waiting for the girls to meet me there so we can head to class together, we always walk from math to English but for some reason they were late and duckie was nowhere to be found. 

He was probably skipping classes, again, who knows. "Hey! Lux!" I jumped against the lockers as I heard veronica shout my name, shaking me out of my thoughts. I laughed slightly as Andie, veronica, and surprisingly duckie was here too. They all smiled at me as we walked off together to class.

"Girls, I gotta tell you something later, either at lunch or after school at my house," I said to them, knowing duckie was gonna try and get in on the gossip anyway. I looked at them as they nodded, possibly agreeing but I couldn't hear them over duckie's loud mouth saying he'd come too. Oh boy, I chuckled at his response as we entered the class and sat down together. 

The teacher finally entered, saying that our assignments were going to be pretty easy. We all looked at her with boredom, expecting another essay. "You all will be writing a short report of 500 words or more about any book of your choosing." She paused before continuing, "You all can choose to do this solo or with a partner, as long as it is completed by next week" She finished, handing out some papers and started to teach again. 

-

Finally English was over, and we all headed to the locker rooms to change into our gym uniforms. I looked over at andie who was taking her time getting ready, and veronica who was just standing there. 

"Veronica, you okay? you've been quiet" I said to her as we finished getting ready, walking out with andie to the gym. She nodded in response, and I was gonna ask her again until I noticed why she was quiet. 

I followed her eyes to across the gym, to see one of the two Corey's. They're always in the hallways of the school and everyone knows their best friends, I know she wasn't looking at Feldman since she said she didn't like him...then is it Corey haim? is she crushing on him? 

I've got to know. I listened as our gym teacher assigned partners, unfortunately, I wasn't with veronica, but I got Feldman's best friend, maybe I can put in a good word for her?

Veronica's pov

After hearing who our partners were, I sighed. I was fine with Feldman since him and I are friends but I wanted to be with lux, plus I'd freak out if I got paired with Haim. I've started to crush on him since I saw him and im confused, he's so charming...but I also have a crush on Duckie, what should I do? Maybe I can ask Feldman? 

I started to walk over to him and smiled slightly, him returning the gesture. "Hey Feldman, are you and the other Corey really good friends?" I asked him, he paused for a moment and looked at me, his face growing into a smirk as if he knew why I asked him this. 

"Yeah, he's my best friend, why do you ask?" he questioned in a slightly mocking tone, making me not want to answer. I looked down at the floor, trying to not make it obvious as to why, but I knew I had to give him an answer sooner or later. 

"No it's nothing, I was just wondering that's all, you two are always in the hallways together so I figured I should ask," I replied, hoping he wouldn't catch on yet. He didn't say anything as we got ready to play volleyball, everyone getting into the teams we were assigned to.

 The teams were split up, me being with Feldman, Andie, and other kids. Lux was on a team with Duckie, Corey Haim, and more kids I didn't know.

I looked up at Haim for a second, admiring how cute he was before looking away. I didn't want him to think I was creepy, plus I still don't know if I like him or Duckie more and it's only been a week of high school.

 I was put as team captain for our side, happy that I could show off the skills I had in volleyball for once. I walked over to the net, to wish the captain of the opposite team good luck as I'd always do. It was lux, and I was glad. It was going to be a lot of fun, and I and lux can be very competitive so I was looking forward to this.

 Before we started, I prepared myself. I wanted to do this well because I love volleyball but also because I wanted Haim and maybe Duckie to see how good I was, im hoping that im not sounding too cocky. I wanted to impress these boys, but maybe I should calm down a bit? I let out a shaky breath calming my self down before the match started, hoping my team would get lucky and win.

-

-

-

(continued in next chapter)