5

Lux's pov

Our volleyball game had finally started.  I was looking forward to playing with everyone else because I really enjoyed playing competitively. I looked around as I saw everyone had a determined face, but I was also not ready to lose. 

The coach threw up the ball and I and I watched as Veronica spiked it, the ball going over the net and towards me. I hit it with such force that it almost knocked over one of my teammates.

"Oh really is that all you got?" I heard Veronica shout at me in a sassy tone, I was excited because I knew her competitive side was about to come out and this is going to get fun. I didn't say anything back just shooting Veronica a look that showed everything. We kept going for a while our teams or really good but I was determined to win, hoping Veronica didn't have a plan to win.

"Feldman now!" I heard Veronica Shout as Feldman hit the ball and their team won, I should be known she and her team had a plan. I was surprised because I knew Veronica was good but I didn't know she was that good as a team captain. Our team ended up losing, her team having about 15 points while we only had about 10. 

It wasn't much of a difference but still how were they able to get five more points within the span of 3 minutes? I'm guessing Veronica got really good over the years, I'm glad though but next time I'm definitely going to win. I watched as Veronica congratulated everyone even my team, saying hi to everyone and telling them they did well.

 As she was doing so Corey Haim watch watched her with his face evidence of his emotion, it was so obvious that he had a crush on her. It was sweet to watch him gawk at her, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw duckie staring at her as well. Oh god, there's gonna be some tension, isn't there? I just hope they can both like her in peace until she makes her choice.

I looked up as I heard the coach shout out the next groups who were playing, meaning we could take a break. I walked over to the bleachers since I was going to talk to andie about what I saw earlier, but was stopped by Corey haim. Why? Did he want to talk? I looked at him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. 

"Hi, Corey, what's up? Why'd you grab me?" I asked him, I already had an idea of what he was going to say but I needed to hear it from him. He shifted a bit before speaking, im guessing it was due to nervousness?

"Hi lux, you and veronica...you guys are best friends correct? This might sound weird but, what is she like?" He asked trying not to smile, I laughed. I could tell he liked her and wanted to know more about her. I was only going to say a bit because I wanted them to get to know each other on their own, not through their friends. 

"Well, she's pretty quiet and to her self at first, but once you let her open up she's really funny, sweet and nice. Why do you ask?" I responded, hoping to get a good reaction from him, and I did. I laughed at his face, he seemed a little nervous hearing that question. 

"No reason, it's just that you guys are new to this school and I just wanted to become better friends" he responded, I smiled slightly. I knew he was hiding his crush on Veronica, but I didn't mind. I wanted him to tell her himself, not me do it for him. 

"Okay, well that's sweet of you Corey. Anytime you wanna hang out, just ask. I gotta go catch up with veronica, see you later okay?" I said to him as I waved slightly and walked off, surprising my self. Normally I was pretty standoffish and would push people away because I like to be alone most of the time, the complete opposite of veronica.

 Maybe it was because I knew Haim was a sweetheart? I'm still going to be careful, he's really nice but I don't want my best friend's heart to be broken. I'd kill somebody if that happened. Anyway, I walked over to andie and veronica them smiling when seeing me.

 I smiled back, sitting with them and getting ready to hear any other exciting news. Sadly we were interrupted by the bell ringing, meaning it was time for lunch. I guess I'll have to tell andie and Blaine the details later.

                                                                                              * * *

I met up with veronica and duckie in the hallway, duckie having his arm already rounds her they, seemed glad to see me as we began walking to lunch. We all sat down at our table, andie and Blaine sitting next to each other one side with his arm around andie, same with duckie and veronica, and me alone. third-wheeling, yet again. Even though I feel like I'm third-wheeling, I do have a feeling that two guys do like me. 

As we all sit down I see Blaine has a look of anticipation towards three of us. "Hey guys, im glad you guys made. Andie and I have got some big news to tell you."  

I roll my eyes in a joking way. "You guys aren't getting married, are you?" 

Duckie looked to me with a joking smile, as his eyes widened with excitement. "Yeah, lux! good one!" as he high-fives me dramatically. 

Andie sighs. "Sadly, no." She looks to Blaine with a smile, then back to the rest of us. "we're going to a roller rink tonight, and we wanted to know if you all want to come?" 

Duckie perks up in his seat, speaking once again. "I'm already there andie." He then turns to veronica with a smile and asks, "how bout you, sweetheart?" 

She looks at him and blushes, nodding in response. "Yeah, I'll go, what about you lux? are you coming too?" she asked, turning her head to me. 

I roll my eyes, "no I don't think I will." I want to go, but I would just feel alone with the four of them, it's not just gonna be veronica and I. It's gonna be veronica and duckie, while I'm not paired up with anyone. Andie and Blaine looked confuse and sad that I said no. 

Meanwhile, veronica stiffened, speaking up. "No, no lux! I can't go without my best friend!" I roll my eyes, sighing in response. 

Duckie then abruptly spoke up. "No, lux you have to go!" He exclaimed. "No, we are all going, we have to go!" I sighed again out of frustration, but I knew they weren't going to leave me alone unless I agreed to go. Well, that settles it then I guess I have to go, I'll just go alone. Pitying myself. 

-

-

-