33

Lux's POV

Feldman and I walked back into the gymnasium, arms linked, and as soon as I got back in there the overwhelming feeling of uncomfortableness washed over me again as I knew Steph was probably talking shit about me somewhere. 

I tried to ignore it as I noticed our whole group was on the dance floor talking having a good time. So it seems Haim and Veronica worked out their differences, she told me he was ignoring her the past two days so I'm glad they finally worked it out.

I guess Feldman noticed how uncomfortable I was since he gestured to our table instead of our friends on the dance floor. "Come sugar, I have something for you that might cheer you up." He stated with a smile as he led me to our table.

Once he got there he quickly pulled out the chair for me as I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "You're pulling out the chair for me?" I asked that dumb question because Steph didn't do any of that for me tonight, he didn't even come to my door when he picked me up he just honked the horn.

Feldman looked at me as if I was crazy. "Of course any real man does that for hi-..for a girl." He responded as his face had a look of slight worry.

I shook my head and sat down as he sat down next to me. "Wait, close your eyes for a second, please?" Feldman asked softly. I raised an eyebrow at him, I had no idea what he was planning but it better not be a prank.

I closed my eyes and heard him reach down under his seat and grab something. Feldman let out a breath and mumbled something to himself that I couldn't quite make out.

"Okay, Sugar, open your eyes." He informed me when I opened my eyes I was met with a black corsage. Was he serious? He wasn't even my prom date! He didn't have to do that, and why would he buy one for me knowing I had a date?

I was completely stunned as I stared at the corsage in awe. I shook my head. "You didn't have to do that," I responded bashfully trying to hide my light smile.

He opened the box and took the corsage out. "I wanted to." He replied as he lightly took my wrist and put it on me.

I bit my lip hiding my smile. "How did you know Steph didn't get me one?" I asked him.

He kept his focus on tying my corsage. "Well, it's Steph he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself." He answered as he looked up at me with a smile.

He was right and I finally realized it tonight. I gazed down at the black corsage. "..Thanks.." I muttered and glanced back up at him. He only winked at me in response.

The song finally ended as everyone came back and sat down, Veronica sitting down next to Feldman. "Lux, what happened? Are you alright?' She asked me frantically.

I nodded. "Yeah," I answered as I took a glance at everyone at the table. "You all were right...he was an asshole," I confessed looking down.

Veronica sighed. "I'm sorry Lux. But maybe.." She glanced at my corsage. "Everything turned out for the better." She implied with a slight smirk.

I gazed at her confused and before I was about to question her the song changed to "The promise" By When In Rome, I noticed Feldman got up and looked at me. He curtsied and offered his hand to me in a joking yet slightly serious manner. "May I have this dance?" He asked me.

I was shocked, what should I do? I glanced at Veronica for help, watching as she mouthed "Go with him!"

I glanced at the dance floor in anguish. "I don't know Steph was-"

Feldman caught my gaze. "I'm not Steph." Was all he said in a very serious manner.

I sighed and glanced back at the dance floor then back at his hand. I hesitantly took his hand as he smiled and led me to the dance floor. I felt so uncomfortable as we approached the dance floor, this isn't my thing I don't know if I can do this.