14

Veronica's outfit is pictured above.

It takes place on Valentine's day. The second half of this will be continued next chapter.

Also, this chapter is extremely long! Sorry, if you don't like long chapters!

Veronica's pov

I smiled happily, today was Valentine's day and it's a naturally really cute holiday, so I was excited. Mainly for the candy, I don't expect to get anything from anyone; maybe my dad or Lux but that's it. I decided to go all out, don't ask me why, but I wore a themed outfit. Yes, pink with a shit ton of hearts.

I walked out of my house with a smile, saying goodbye to my dad as I saw Lux come out of her house locking the door behind her. I smiled and waved at her. "Hi, Lux!" I exclaimed, maybe a little too excited...it's probably because I'm secretly hoping I get a valentine.

Lux chuckled at my enthusiasm. "I mean I know it's valentine's, but you're extra cheery today." She declared coming down the front steps. "Care to explain?" She questioned, smirking at me.

Oh damn, Now I feel embarrassed. I didn't want to say I was hoping either Haim or Duckie would get me something, but it was true. Lux probably already knows that anyway, I'm not very good at hiding things.

I glanced at the ground bashfully. "No, I just like the holiday," I admitted, trying to derail the topic even though I knew it wouldn't work. "What about you, Lux?" I questioned her. "Are you excited for today, or no?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Is Bender doing anything special?" I made sure I emphasized that I'm sure he doesn't have anything special for her, and that saddens me.

She glared at me with a mocking slightly. "I don't know with him." She confessed. "To answer your question, no as a matter of fact." She rolled her eyes with annoyance.

I sighed, I knew Bender probably wouldn't get her anything..Oh! Maybe Feldman did? Even if Bender is her boyfriend, I'm sure it would cheer her up if he did get her anything. I glanced at her as I saw slight sadness in her eyes even though she tries to hide it, hugging her to cheer her up or at least try to.

I let go and started to fumble with my fingers. "Lux, I need to tell you something, please don't think this is weird..." I began as I stopped hugging her and glanced at her, letting out a sigh. Maybe I shouldn't say anything? I want to ask her advice but I don't want her to not be dismal over it.

She looked at me with reassurance as she nodded in response. "V, I'll be fine just tell me." She spoke as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

I shifted nervously. "Okay, so I kind of bought Valentines for both Haim and Duckie but I don't know if I should give it to them?" I glanced down at my feet embarrassed.

She scrunched her face up in response and shrugged. "Of course you should give it to them, I mean you paid for them after all." She stated. "Just give it to them separately."

                                                                                            *** 

I walked out of class right before lunch pretty fast, I didn't mean to leave Lux behind but I wanted to check my locker badly. She was skimming through her bag anyways, ultimately walking slower. I don't know why I'm so jumpy, I shouldn't even be getting my hopes up but here I am.

I ran over to my locker, placing my bag down on the floor and quickly putting in my locker combination. I swung the locker door open as I gasped out loud when two notes fell out of from the top of my locker onto my books in my lockers. One crumpled up the note and one card. "Wait..what?" I picked both of them up, one was in the shape of a heart with a really sweet note that had Duckie's name on it. While the crumpled up one had no name on it? Weird.