26

Veronica's pov

I step closer to Bender and Lux, my eyes shifting from them both with uncertainty "...You guys wanna get food with us?.." I asked as I can feel my own voice falter.

Before Lux could answer Bender beat her to it. "No, she doesn't wanna go." Bender snapped wrapping a tight arm around Lux's waist and pulling her towards him harshly. "She's been with you losers all day!"

I let out a big sigh and glared at him. "You don't have to speak for her, you have no say in what she does," I stated, not once breaking my already annoyed eye contact.

I noticed Bender squint his eyes and point at me. "Why don't you just keep your pretty little mouth shut?" He barked, tightening his grip around Lux's waist, causing me to get more and more frustrated with each pressing minute.

I scoffed, with fire in my eyes. "Why don't you keep your dick in your pants instead of trying to get with every warm body you see!" I spat, sliding my hand under my chin as if to say fuck you. I really don't care for him at this point.

I took a deep breath. "Why the hell are you treating her like that? She shouldn't even be with an asshole like you. You're the one who's cheating on her! I saw it, Haim saw it, Andie and Blaine did! We all know you're nothing!" I shouted, walking up to him. I didn't look at anyone else, I was only focused on giving Bender a piece of my mind.

Everyone seemed shocked, I'm guessing they didn't expect me to explode like that. To be entirely honest, neither did I.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What proof do you have?" He questioned. He wasn't going to do this? No way. I widened my eyes, oh now I'm not holding back.

I chuckled at his expense that he actually thinks I'm this stupid. I turned my attention to Lux now with pitiful eyes. "God, Lux, I have no idea what you see in this prick. You're too sweet." I stated, looking at her before turning back to Bender. "Luckily, I'm not so nice." I was now facing Bender.

I gave him a dirty look as if he was scum. "Come on, I'm not stupid. None of us are." I chuckled again. "Despite what you might think. You think you're all high and mighty when really you're just some prick with issues that never got solved." I was seething now. "Do us a favor and leave us alone, and Lux, she doesn't deserve a thing like you." I snickered, Bender boiled my blood so much and I hated it. 

He scoffed at my anger. "What are you gonna do about it, cheerleader? Do a flip and say school spirit?" He mocked me and started laughing, I couldn't fight but I was about to learn how.

I tried to go at him, spewing a string of curses. I was held back by two arms, it was Haim and Feldman. I gave them a look and let out a sigh. I needed to calm down, but how? Lux can't see how horrible he is!

Lux quickly got in front of me, blocking me from Bender. Good, I was about to rip his head off.

Lux spoke up. "Guys, please stop fighting." She pleaded, her eyes filled with worry and what seemed to be fear. God, I hope not. "Look it's my fault he's like this. I angered him, it's okay." She tried defusing, glancing down shamefully.

I raised an eyebrow and tensed up. She really thought it was her? God, tell me that's not what she thinks? All I wanted to do was fight him but I know it won't do any good. She really doesn't believe me?

I sighed out loud and looked at her with a hard expression. "Fine. I won't press on it any longer but I can't stay here if this shithead's gonna ruin everything." I replied with gritted teeth as I glared at Bender. I pulled my arm out of Feldman and Haim's grasp and stormed off privately.

I walked far enough to be away from the others but not too far where they couldn't find me. I sighed out loud as I plopped down on an empty bench that was surrounded by boxes and other supplies. "I don't know what to do now?" I ran a hand through my light brown wavy hair. "I shouldn't have exploded like that.." I breathed out, closing my eyes and resting my head in my hands.

I gazed up, my eyes landing on some random teenagers running around. I sat in silence for a bit, swinging my legs since they dangled off the ground just a bit. I feel like I should have just told her in private, I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it? I let out another heavy sigh, my head down as I thought about what to do next.

"Got room for one more?" A voice spoke, my head perked up immediately. I glanced over to see Duckie smiling at me. Why was he here? Was he trying to cheer me up? If so, I don't think it will work...even though I appreciate his efforts. I just wanna be alone.

I looked back down at my feet. "Thanks, Duckie, but I'm fine. You can go back to the group." I stated, melancholy. I did not want to be bothered. I'm hoping he gets the idea, but knowing how stubborn he is, he's probably gonna stay.

I felt him plop down next to me. "I'm afraid I can't leave you here like this, muffin." He replied, wrapping an arm around my upper body, hugging me.

I smiled slightly at his actions. "And why not?" I questioned, with an eyebrow raised.

He chuckled softly as he cupped my cheek with one hand, lightly rubbed his thumb over my cheek, and gazed into my eyes. "Well, I can't leave a young, pretty girl like you out here all alone, can I?" He questioned, smiling at me.

I chuckled at his words. He really won't leave until he cheers me up, huh? I'm not going to protest, it's sweet he came to check up on me anyway. Duckie abruptly stood up and strode a few feet in front of me. I raised an eyebrow at him. What is he doing?

He started spontaneously dancing, jumping around in an attempt to make me smile. I rolled my eyes a bit, he was willing to be this embarrassing just to make me happy? I was excited to see how long he'd go, and to my surprise, he was still going. Until he tripped over one of the boxes and fell on his ass.

My eyes widened in shock as I burst out laughing, stopping to breathe. I rubbed my eyes since tears had appeared from how hard I was laughing. I got up and reached my hand out, pulling him up. "Duckie, are you okay?" I asked, still trying not to giggle.

He laughed and waved his hand dismissively. "Well did it work? Are you feeling better?" He questioned gazing down at me.

I smiled again, I'm glad he came over here. I nodded. "Yes, it did," I stated. "Well then, mission accomplished." He dramatically stated, making me burst out into a laughing fit again.

I glanced up at him. "Thank you, Duckie, honestly." I thanked him. "I needed that." I finished as I stood up on my toes and cupped his face before turning it to the side slightly and kissing him on the cheek.

He seemed stunned but smiled at me, he reached down and intertwined our hands. I tried to hold back my smile but couldn't. We started walking back towards the group, Duckie swung our hands back and forth as we continued. I smiled down at the ground, hoping he didn't see the very noticeable blush that was spread across my face.

We made our way back, as we approached the group Andie, Blaine, and the two Coreys were all talking. I noticed Haim was slightly aggravated about something. Why? Maybe I should ask him? As I was about to walk up to him, I stopped and gazed around for Lux and Bender.

Why weren't they here with the rest of the group? Eventually, my eyes landed on Lux and Bender who were talking somewhere off to the side by themselves. I watched cautiously from afar, I wanted to make sure she was okay.

I saw them start to argue, I let out a sigh. My eyes widened as I saw him grab her arms and lightly shake her, making anger rise within me. However, I tried to block that anger because I don't wanna make another spectacle as I did before. But Bender is really showing his true colors, and that's something no one wants to see.