11

A/N: This chapter is long, the rest of the movie scene will be continued in the next chapter which should be out soon. :) 

Veronica and Lux's outfits for the movie are shown above.

Veronica's pov

Friday, Lunchtime & After School

I walked out of Home Ec with Lux, getting ready to head to lunch. On the way, I spotted Duckie at his locker again, perfect! I can finally talk to him alone! I started to speed walk, forgetting Lux and I were walking together.

I caught up to where he was, slightly startling the boy as he jumped. Lux walked past us both, winking and mouthing an Oooh have fun and waved her hand before heading to lunch.

I tried to have Duckie meet my gaze but his sunglasses were hiding his eyes of any emotions, which bothered me. I slowly reached up sliding them to rest on his hair, staring into his eyes afterward. "Duckie, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked him, hoping for a response.

He sighed. "Sure thing, Buttercup." He responded rather cheerier than I expected.

I smiled bashfully at his nickname for me, messing with my fingers as I tried to focus. "Duckie, what's going on with you?" I started gazing up at him. "It's like you're a different person like you're living two different lives or something." I sighed, grabbing a hold of his hand. "Just please tell me what's happening?"

He sighed loudly taking his glasses off and rested them on his shirt. "I know, and I'm sorry." He replied ashamed with his gaze at the floor.

I gave him a worried look. "Was it me? Was it something I did?" I asked, slightly hysterical. "If so, then I'm sorry that I made you mad I didn't mean to its just that-"

Duckie interrupts my rambling by cupping my face in his hands. "Muffin, listen it has nothing to do with you.." He assured me with a light voice as I stared at him blankly. "... It's just something I've been noticing.." He gazed down for a moment. "..With myself, that's all."

I let out a breath as I closed my eyes out of relief, glad to know it wasn't me who upset him...but still, I wanted to make sure he was okay. Duckie's one of my best friends, I'd hate to see him hurt. "Okay, but if anything else is bothering you, please come talk to me" I stated as I gazed up at him once more, holding onto his arm. "Promise me?"

He grinned and nodded. "Would I lie to you?" He asked with a smirk. I shook my head in response to his question and smiled at him, happy that he was feeling better.

I stood there, not knowing what to do, my heart was beating faster than normal and I'm pretty sure the blush of my face was pretty evident. "So.. does that mean you're going with us to the movie tonight?"

He took his hands off my face. "Only on the condition that you stay will me at all costs." He persuaded with a smirk.

Duckie was so close to me, all I could do was nervously nod. I was a blushing mess, and I tried to say something but couldn't, my stomach was doing flips and I was in a daze.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallway. "Come on sweetheart, let's go to lunch." I smiled at his words as we walked together, finally happy that we made up.

We made it to the lunchroom where Andie and Blaine were like usual, while Lux and Bender were flirting again. And so it begins. Bender had his hand around Lux's waist dangerously low from what I could see. Ugh.

But what was surprising was the fact that both Corey's were already there. Did Duckie and I take that long to talk? We approached them as, obviously, Feldman was glaring daggers at Bender but for some reason, Haim seemed rather annoyed when Duckie and I walked in. That's odd.