29

Veronica's pov

Thursday, two weeks before the prom

I walked out of the gym, heading to the locker room to grab a drink of water at the water fountain and grab a small towel to dab off the sweat since we practiced pretty hard today. 

I walked into the locker room and took a quick sip from the water fountain. I wiped my mouth when I was done and headed to my locker which was ironically the last locker closest to the wall. I opened my locker and swiftly pulled out my small towel, closing my locker lightly and someone startled me in the process. I jumped back in shock and was met with light brown eyes that belonged to none other than Duckie.

I gasped and clutched my heart. "Duckie! What are you doing here?" I questioned as I stared at him in shock. "You know you can't be in here!" I whisper shouted trying to catch my breath from the minor heart attack.

I tried to push past him to the left but he suddenly blocked my path by putting his arm on the wall. I tried moving in the other direction but he blocked that side as well, him trapping me between his body and the wall and lockers.

I gulped as our eyes met, just what in the hell was he doing? I was already nervous, but the fact that he wasn't saying anything made it worse. I scanned his face, just now noticing the rose he had resting in between his lips. Was that for me?

I took a breath trying to understand what was happening. "Duckie..I...wha-" I couldn't get my words out.

He took the rose out of his mouth and tried to adjust his lips making them seem visibly puffier, at least to me. He smirked at me. "Darling, I wanna talk to you." He stated.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding."Ohh..right now?" I asked, a little concerned it was so spontaneous and when I was right in the middle of practice.

He half-smiled and nodded. "Yes, right now."

I bit the inside of my lip in worry that he needs to talk to me right now when I'm in the middle of something, and I don't wanna get caught with a boy in here. I shook my head and took a glance at the door window where everyone was still practicing. "Duckie, I'm kinda busy right no-"

"You wanna go to prom with me, Muffincakes?" He interrupted me with a slight smirk. "Oh and this is for you." He handed me the rose that was in his hand with a wink.

I was completely stunned, caught off guard. Did he? Did he really just ask me to go to prom with me? Was I hearing that right?

I just stood there with a stunned expression trying to come out with an answer. "Did you just..ask me to prom?" I questioned as I lightly took the rose from him. "Thank you."

He lightly chuckled and rolled his eyes at my silly question. "Why do you seem so surprised?" He asked.

I glanced down at the flower in my hands. "I don't know I just...Didn't think anyone would ask me." I confessed, continuing to look down.

I felt two fingers under my chin lift my head so that I was met with his eyes. "Well, you couldn't be more wrong." He breathed out with a smile. "So uh..is that a yes?.." He repeated.

I blinked a few times to snap me out of my daze. "Oh yeah..Of course I'll go with you." I finally answered.

He perked up at my answer. "Great. And don't worry I'll make sure I look my absolute best for a lady such as yourself." He stated with confidence, fixing the usual yellow blazer he always wore. "Which shouldn't be hard since I always look sharp." He finished with a chuckle. I chuckled as well trying to hide my blush from him but probably failing miserably.