23

Lux's POV

1 week later, Saturday

Today's the day we're all going to the carnival, and it's gonna be killer. We've all never gone together but I have no doubt it's gonna be a riot. Everyone's meeting up here at around six, but as of right now since it's three I'm just waiting upon Veronica.

She called me earlier and told me she needed to have a girl chat with me before Tonight. Knowing her she probably had to talk to me about either Duckie or Haim so. I heard the doorbell ring signaling to me that she was here. I went downstairs to greet her. "Hey there, peaches." I greeted her with my nickname for her.

She smiled. "Hiya blueberry." She greeted me in my nickname.

I let her in as we walked upstairs to get ready for the thrilling night. "So what's this news you had to rush over to tell me?" I asked as we reached my bedroom.

She sat down on my bed with a huge grin practically bouncing in her seat. "So basically I had a dream...and it was intense and it involved Duckie and Haim." She started to mildly blush as she twirled her hair.

I sat down next to her with a smirk. "Oh..the two-man dream.," I stated, flicking my hair out my face. "I always have those."

I glanced at Veronica as her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "With who, exactly?" She questioned with an eyebrow raised.

Oh shit, I think I've said too much. I coughed nervously. "Um...were not talking about me. We're talking about you." I defused the conversation as best I could.

I could tell Veronica was still skeptical but continued explaining. "Okay anyways, the dream made me even more confused!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. "Now I really can't tell if I like Haim or Duckie more, what should I do? I'm so confused, Lux." She stated as she glanced at me desperation in her eyes.

I thought before answering. She really is in a dilemma, she likes them both and I'm sure there's another one that likes her. "Well..is there one that outweighs the other?" I asked, hoping that helped.

Veronica looked at me for a moment and let out a sigh, playing with her hands nervously. "Well, I'm not sure. They are both wonderful guys and both have their own charms, but still...I feel like I'm missing something?" She paused. "I've been on dates with both but still can't figure out who I like more. Lux, what's wrong with me?" She asked, looking distressed.

I took a deep breath. "Well there's nothing wrong with you, so just get that out of your head." I started lightly thumping her head, playfully. "You'll soon figure out the answer. You'll realize it's right under your nose." I lightly tapped her nose.

                                                                                                    ***

Veronica and I were getting ready for tonight, putting on our last minute touches as everyone will be any second. Veronica was finishing putting her hair in a ponytail while I was finishing my makeup when the doorbell rang. I turned around to face Veronica as she had a huge smile plastered on her face.

She and I both went downstairs to see who it was. I opened the door to see Feldman leaning up against the door frame slightly out of breath, but he perked up once he saw me.

He flashed me a huge grin. "Hi Cupcake how ya doing?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

I was surprised to see him here this early and out of breath. Did he run here? I rolled my eyes at him. "Good, sugarplum, thanks for asking." With that, I closed the door in his face as I chuckled to myself and turned to Veronica.