Chapter 19

The whole way of going home, I was quiet. I had no words for Matthew at all. I was still processing everything that happened. I just couldn't believe what I saw and how easy it was for Matthew to do all of this. Like it didn't matter at all. It looked like he was used to this which made me question how long he has been doing this and did he ever kill someone? Was Matthew a murder? I would never know because he would never tell me.

I saw that Matthew stopped driving. When I looked up, I saw that we were back at home. I started looking around to see if Vivien and Alberto were to see but I didn't see anyone. I saw that Matthew was looking at me and my hands were still shaking as I was still in shock.

"Lauren." He said and held my hand as he looked at me. I looked at him and moved my hand away from him.

"Don't touch me." I said and got out of the car. First I felt safe with him and now after what had happened. What he had done to Will made me feel like I was in constant danger.

"Lauren, we have to talk about this." He said and I shook my head as I walked inside the house. I heard him sigh as he followed me and as I was inside, I heard the door close.

"Lauren." Matthew said but I ignored him. I heard him groan as he got annoyed and I felt him grabbing me by my hand. He pulled me harshly back to him and made look at him. His eyes were focused on mine and I felt like he was going to hurt me.

"Will is the bad guy. I shot him because he could have hurt you." He said throughout his teeth. His eyes were without emotion. He was almost like a robot. He didn't care that he was terrifying me. I just nodded. Even though, I had no idea what this meant. I looked down and remained quiet.

"Lauren... I don't want you to be scared of me." Matthew said softly and let go off me now as he sighed. I again looked at him. His eyes were now soft and at least now he looked like a normal human being, just like others. I just nodded.

"I don't know what to think but do you blame me?" I asked and Matthew shook his head. He held out his hand and I confused looked at him.

"I will bring you somewhere where I will tell you everything but you have to trust me." He said and I just looked at his hand. I had no idea what to do. I hoped that I was an expectation and that he wouldn't hurt me but I wasn't sure of that.

"Do you trust me?" Matthew asked as his hand was still waiting for my hand. I sighed and held his hand as I nodded. Instantly there was a smile on Matthew's face.

"I do. Don't make me regret it." I said softly and he nodded with a massive smile on his face. He took my hand softly and together we walked out of the house again, back in the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Matthew drove away. He looked at me skeptically which made me worried.

"It is a place where I go when I am upset or angry. It's a place where I can rest my mind." He said and it made me feel a bit relieved but I had no idea what actually made his stress go away. It could be still worse.

"Oh." I said and Matthew chuckled. I think he could see that I was afraid and yes I was terrified because I don't know what Matthew was. He was all sort of things.

"Don't worry. It's safe." He said and I nodded. What was safe for him? I mean, he always carried a gun with himself for protection.

"Can I call Vivien?" I asked. I wanted to know if she was alright. Matthew nodded and passed his phone over to me. I quickly dialled Vivien's number. When I heard her voice, I sighed out of relief.

"Matthew?! Please tell me that Lauren is with you." Vivien almost begged and I laughed softly through my eyes.

"I am with him. Are you guys safe?" I asked and I could hear her sigh out of relief.

"Yes, we are both okay. We will be home soon." She said.

"Yes, We will be home soon too. I will see you later." I said as I looked over at Matthew. I didn't think that he would like it if I said that we were going to his spot and I had no idea how I should explain Vivien this.

"Be safe." She said before she hung the phone up. I gave Matthew's phone back to him.

"Thank you." I said as he just nodded his head with a smile.

"We are here." Matthew said as he parked his car. Confused, I looked outside. There was literally nothing than just a creepy forest. Both of us got out of the car and Matthew held my hand as we together walked away.

"This is a good place to murder me without anyone knowing." I said and Matthew looked rather surprised when I made that comment. He laughed as he shook his head.

"If I wanted you dead. You would have been dead." Matthew said which startled me. He kind of pushed me away a bit.

"Don't worry. I will protect you no matter what." He said and I softly smiled. I believed him. I knew he would protect me. We walked up to a hill and to my surprise, I saw the beautiful view. The moon was shining and from the hill, I could almost see the whole city we lived in.

"This is beautiful." I said as I looked at the view. Matthew smiled as he was looking there.

"It is truly so beautiful." I said and now looked at Matthew. He proudly smiled and nodded. I saw him getting tense because he knew he had to tell me now about what he was doing and I don't think he wanted to. After seeing him shoot someone, I am not even sure if I want to hear what he has to say.