Chapter 45

Hello angels! How is everyone doing? If you need anyone to talk to, my messages are always open! Enjoy this chapter!
________________________________

With distress, I walked inside the coffee shop. I couldn't believe that Matthew was somehow blaming me of something. Did he really think that I was going to leave him like that? I wouldn't...

I don't love easily but when I do, it's fiercely and unstoppable. That's what I felt each time I looked at Matthew.

"Hello, I am here for an interview." I said with a smile as I reached the sort of front of the coffee shop.  There was a girl standing with dark blonde hair and she gave me a small smile.

"Sure let me call the manager." She said before disappearing behind a door. Not even a second later, I saw a man appearing. He was quite muscular and middle aged too.

"Hello, I am Marcus." He said with a smile. I nodded my head.

"I am Lauren." I said. He looked at me and also gave me a small nod like I did before.

"Let's go inside." He said. We walked towards the door and when he opened there was a massive space. There were two more doors which I suspected to be either his office or the staff room.

When he opened the other door, it was his office. There was a table with a computer and a few chairs. There were cabinets there which I thought held information about the coffee shop it self.

"Sit down please." He said as he sat down on his chair. I did what he said and sat down on another chair.

"So Lauren Young? What is the previous experience you have with working?" He asked.  Shoot... I didn't really have any...

"I used to baby sit back in England... but other than that..." I said softly as I looked at Marcus. He nodded as he smiled and took some notes.

"What made you apply for this position?" He asked as he looked up so he could look me into the eye.

"I would be lying if I said that I was eager to express love for coffee. I need this job and it's close by home and my university so it makes it easier." I said. Marcus looked a bit taken back by my answer.

Was I a bit too truthful? I have never been to an interview... At least not for a job interview...

"I like your spirit." He said as he laughed softly. He took some notes down and nodded his head.

"Can you start working from next week Monday?" He asked as he looked at me and I quickly nodded my head.

"Yes, I can." I said with a smile.

"When you come in for the first time, ask Melody, the girl you met before to help you with your first day and bring these files back with you." He said as he put down a contract and a medical file in front of me.

I nodded my head as I took the files and put it in my bag. I never knew that a job interview could be this quick and easy. I always thought of it as so intimidating.

"So I will see you next week." He said with a smile and I nodded. I stood up and left his office. I made my way to the door that would lead me inside the coffee shop. When I was finally there, the girl Melody looked at me.

"Did you get it?" She asked with a smile and I nodded my head.

"I did." I said with a smile.

"When do you start?" She asked.

"Next week Monday." I said with a smile. She smiled and I just nodded my head before leaving the coffee shop.

I looked at the car park and still saw Matthew's car here. I walked towards it and opened the car's door before sitting down.

Matthew looked at me but didn't say anything.

"I got the job." I said softly.

"Good for you." He said as he started the engine of his car.

"Are you really that angry with me for not telling you about James?" I asked as I looked beside me to Matthew. He sighed as he went with his hand through his hair.

"Yes. I am. Lauren. It makes me crazy to even think about it." He said annoyed and looked at me.

"The reason why I didn't tell you is because he is not worth the time. He took so much from me... I didn't wanted to give him the luxury to speak about him to someone I actually care about." I said and something flinched before Matthew's eyes.

"James and I were in a relationship. He treated me wrong. Really wrong. He hurt me a couple of times and Luke saw that. That's why he asked me whether you..." I said softly. I couldn't even finish my sentence.

My heart was caught up to my throat. I could barely breathe...

"He raped me, Matthew. That's what he did and that's why I didn't tell you because... I don't want you to know that I..." I said softly and looked down. I couldn't bare to look at Matthew at this point. I sobbed softly and blinked my eyes so I wouldn't cry.

"Lauren..." Matthew's voice said softly. I didn't look up or responded to him. He lifted my chin up with his finger and made me look at him.

"I am sorry. I mean it... I should have listened to you before I opened my mouth." He said as he looked at me. His eyes were now soft and were full of regret.

"It's okay... just don't think that I will ever leave you because I won't..." I said softly as I looked at him. He weakly smiled at me as he nodded his head.

"I won't." He replied. He pulled me closer and kissed me softly on my forehead.

"I know that my life is like hell but I won't let anyone hurt you again." He said as he looked at me again. I smiled softly and nodded my head.