Chapter 26

[Welcome to a new chapter! My holidays are starting soon so that means that I will have more time to write! I hope all of you are having a good day! Please make sure to vote and comment!]

_

I looked at Matthew. He was smiling as Luke was giving him a hug and was playing with his fingers. For a second, it looked like Matthew wasn't the Matthew that I had met in America but a total different. He looked like every usual guy.

My mother walked past me towards Matthew and Luke. When Luke looked at my mother, he moved away from Matthew and held my mother's hand. My heart warmed seeing it. My mother and Luke had never a good bond but seeing since I have gone away, it looked like they had built it stronger.

"Matthew, haven't you actually told her?" I heard my mother whisper but it was loud enough for me to hear.

I acted like I didn't hear them and just looked at them. Matthew's facial expression changed and I could see that he was a bit concerned. He looked at me and I quickly shot him a smile so he wouldn't think of something. Matthew just gave me a small smile back before looking at my mother.

"No, she won't be able to take it. Not yet." He said and I frowned. What was this about?

"I am her mother and I am sure she can. You don't know what the girl has gone through here." My mother said and I could see that Matthew was a bit annoyed by my mother's stubbornness.

"You are right but telling her-" "Lauren!" I heard Luke shout happily which made it harder for me to hear whatever my mother and Matthew were arguing about.

Luke ran towards me and hugged me. I smiled and held him tightly.

"Are you staying with us now?" He asked and his voice sounded broken, sad. I sighed and pulled out of the hug so I could look at Luke's small face.

"I wish but I have to work so I can buy nice toys for you but I am sure I will come back soon." I said and I could see Luke's face lightening up.

Every child gets happy from toys. Who doesn't?

When I looked up, I saw that Matthew angrily walked away from my mother. My mother faced me and Luke. She let out a frustrated sigh and I just looked away from her.

It wasn't fair. Matthew had lied to me and my mother wouldn't even tell me the truth. She was just relying on Matthew. Why on him? Why wouldn't she just tell me?

I stood up and Luke held my hand tightly. I turned myself around and saw Harry binding up David. I saw him move a bit and his leg was covered in blood.

David was waking up and he started to groan when the light hit his eyes. He tried covering them with his hands but when he knew he was tied up, he started fighting to get lose.

"Let me go." David said annoyed. Matthew stood in front of him and smiled.

"That's what everyone says when they are in this position." Matthew said with an evil smirk by using David's words against him.

Matthew held his gun up, pointing it at David. I widened my eyes in shock and I saw the colour from David's face draining away. He looked down, not wanting to face his own death and to be honest, I did not blame him.

I quickly walked over towards Matthew by letting go of Luke's hand. I could see that Matthew was looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked a bit in shock. Matthew was still pointing the gun at David but his eyes were now focused on me.

"What does it look like?" Matthew asked annoyed.

"I want him to suffer." He said and he was still smiling as if he was the devil himself.

"No..." I whispered. Matthew looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"Are you kidding me?" He asked angry. His voice was full of rage. Scared, I moved a bit away from and looking at Matthew, he didn't expect that.

His eyes softened and he sighed out. He was still holding the gun towards David's head.

"He threatened to kill your mother and your brother, Lauren." He said now much more calm. I nodded as I agreed with him.

"I know." I said. I wanted to hurt David but killing him wasn't solving the problem.

"We can't turn out like David. We are better than them. We are. You are." I said and Matthew sighed.

I could hear David chuckling softly and I saw Matthew looking quickly towards his direction. He was again tense.

"You really do have a death wish, huh?" Matthew said annoyed and David still continued chuckling.

"Matthew." I said as I saw that he wanted to pull the trigger.

"You are better than him." I said and I saw Matthew lowering down his gun. Out of relief, I sighed out. He listened to me.

"You really are your girlfriend's dog. We should kill her before she truly controls you." David said as he looked up.

Matthew was now facing David as well. They were staring at each other directly and no emotion was to be read from Matthew's face. However, David looked amused as if he did not care at all.

"Don't listen to him." I said, trying to get closer towards Matthew. Matthew tensed again. Fuck you, David.

"Yes! Yes! Listen to your soon dead girlfriend." David said laughing.

Matthew's jaw clenched and he held the gun tighter. I feared that he was going to fire at David. He exactly knew how to piss Matthew off...

"You are dead." Matthew said word by word before shooting David right in his head.

"NO!" I screamed and I stepped a bit aside when I felt David's blood splatter on my face.

The tears formed in my eyes and I looked shocked at Matthew. I could feel my hands shaking as well as my legs. I had no idea how I was standing up...

Matthew looked at me in anger and walked closer to me.

"Before you try to control me again. Think twice." He said angrily.

"What is wrong with you?!" I shouted at him. I could see that he did not expect me to shout. He was slightly surprised by it.

"Did you not notice, Lauren?" He asked annoyed.

"I am no better than David. Live with it." He said before walking away from me.

I stood still in my living room, where my brother and I played countless times and now there was a dead body... David... killed by Matthew...

He was no better than David.

He was worse.

[I hope all of you are liking this story! Please make sure to vote and comment! It would mean a lot to me!]