Chapter 46

Hello my beautifuls! How is everyone doing? Let me know in the comments! Also thank you for the enormous support I get from all of you! It really means a lot! We have hit the 10k! So insane omg! Enjoy this chapter!
________________________________

"So you got the job?" Matthew asked as he turned on the engineer of the car and drove away. I nodded my head proudly.

"I start next week." I replied as I looked besides me so I could look at him and gave him a small smile.

"You need to be careful... I will always come and pick you up but during the time I am not there... Be careful." He said as he looked at me. He quickly looked back to the road but the look in his eyes were enough for me to show that he was afraid.

I know that Ian was basically making our life a whole hell but was it really that serious? I mean, would he actually be stalking us twenty four seven? I guess he did because Matthew was paranoid the entire time.

"Why does Ian hate you so much?" I asked out of the sudden. This question was eating me up inside out for a long time now. Why in particular was it Ian who wanted this kind of revenge? Why did he wanted Matthew to be scared.

There was surely more to the story or was I being paranoid at this point.

"What do you mean?" Matthew asked a bit confused.

"Just like I said it. Ian hates you a lot." I said and he nodded his head. He stopped the car in front of the red light and took the chance to look me in the eye.

"We are from different gangs with history of treason and murder. It comes with it." He said and just shrugged his shoulders like it wasn't a big deal. Wasn't it?

"I know that but why is Will not here too? Why is it only Ian?" I asked out of curiosity. I could see the uncertainty on Matthew's face when I kept on asking question and I truly feared that he was going to become angry again.

He shrugged his shoulders again.

"I don't know." He replied as he started the engine again and drove when the light turned green. I frowned. There was something about it... I don't know why I felt this way but I felt like he was lying to me or he wasn't telling me the full story.

I deserved to know. Not only was I his girlfriend but I was included in this matter now. Ian was coming for me too and I needed and wanted to know why. What did Matthew do to piss Ian off this badly?

"There is more to it." I said and Matthew jerked his head to the left to look at me as if he got a bit surprised and shocked by my sudden answer. He looked a bit confused and then focused his gaze towards the road.

"What do you think happened then?" He asked curious as if he thought that I would have known. I shrugged my shoulders as I looked at him.

"You must have done something. Otherwise, why would Ian be so obsessed with you?" I asked and Matthew chuckled.

"You are damn right about him being obsessed with me." Matthew joked and I shook my head with a small smile around my lips.

"But seriously Lauren. There is no more to it." He said and this time, he didn't look at me. I frowned and just nodded my head. I don't know what to think or feel but I could have been wrong about this.

Matthew was right. Their gangs have been each other's enemies for a long time. They have worked and just known to hate each other. Maybe that was just it. Ian could have been just being extreme in this...

"Hey, don't worry about it." He said as he put his left hand on my thigh. I smiled.

"I will always protect you. You know that right?" Matt asked as he looked at me. His beautiful hazel eyes were shining as he spoke to me and stared into mine. I nodded my head as a response to what he said.

"I know that... I am not worried about myself but for you." I said and I meant it. I knew that Matthew could be reckless sometimes and it terrified me. I didn't wanted to lose him like that... I wouldn't be able to.

"You have nothing to worry about me." He said with a smile as he drove onto the highway. I don't know if he was joking or truly trying to reassure me because it wasn't working. He worked for a gang which meant that he was always put in certain situations that could be life threatening to him...

"Wouldn't you be worried about me if I did the same thing as you?" I asked and I looked at him. He looked at me and frowned. I could see something flashing before his eyes as if he was scared or unsure.

"I would be..." He replied softly and he turned his attention again towards the road.

"I can't lose you." I said and now he looked at me again. There was something different in his eyes. He looked reassured and happy as if he was amused by what I just said. Somehow, I felt that way too.

I was truly happy that I found someone like him. I would have never guessed it and maybe my stubbornness would have never allowed it in the first place but I was glad that I gave in. I was glad that I was with him...

"You won't lose me, Lauren." He said with a smile and squeezed my thigh a little bit. I smiled and looked down.