Chapter 28

Hiya! I hope that all of you are enjoying this story! Now my main focus is going to be After so expect more updates 🌚
_________________________________

We were already back in America. I was standing with Harry on the sidelines, waiting for Alberto to pick us up from the airport.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked and I just quietly nodded my head. Matthew and I didn't speak since yesterday after he killed David.

"You don't speak much." He said and I nodded again. I didn't feel like writing to anyone. I just wanted to lay down in my bed and hopefully get to my own way. Have my normal life back.

"David's death really made you go quiet." He stated and I immediately looked at him.

"You guys really think that it is funny to kill someone." I said angrily and I saw that Harry was a bit confused. He shook his head.

"No, Lauren. This our line of work. Murders happen and we get over it." He said now equally as angrily back.

"It doesn't matter to you. It is easy for you to see someone being murdered." I said and I looked away from him, totally disgusted.

"It is never easy to see someone dying and especially when you are the reason for it. We kind of got used to it and it made it easier but we still think about it. It still affects us." Harry said and I clenched my jaw.

"So believe me when I say that Matthew is hurting too. He just never shows it to anyone." Harry said and I chuckled softly.

"You know, I thought that Matthew could be changed. I thought I could change him but the truth is that he will never change." I said and now I looked again into Harry's eyes.

My eyes were watery. I could feel it. I was confused, hurt and shocked. I had mixed feelings and I had no idea how to cope with it because I never had it.

"Matthew doesn't care and that's how he goes through it without getting hurt." I said and I saw Harry opening his mouth to say something but he closed it again when we heard Matthew's voice.

"Where is he?" Matthew asked and I knew that he referred to Alberto. I moved a bit away from him and looked down so I didn't have to face him.

Somehow, I knew that he was looking at me but I didn't care. Deep down it did hurt me. It did affect me because, at the end of the day, I cared for Matthew. I liked him... I loved him but I also knew that all of this was just impossible.

"He is close." Harry said and I saw Dominic walking towards too. Matthew clicked his tongue and just waited next to me.

I have never felt this awkward. I didn't know what was worse. Not talking to Matthew or talking to him because both hurt me. Both affected me. I sighed and looked up, praying to god that Alberto was going to hurry up.

I missed him and Vivien. I was angry at Alberto for lying to us and not telling us the truth. He made us look like fools and he still managed to make us look like fools when Matthew lied about everything. I believed that Vivien gave him a hard time which was well deserved.

"Lauren?" I heard Vivien's voice ask. I turned myself around and saw Vivien looking at me. I smiled and quickly walked towards her. I hugged her as tight as I could.

"I missed you so much." I said softly and I could hear her chuckle.

I wanted to cry so much and tell her everything that had happened but I figured out that it wasn't a smart decision to do so in front of her big brother. He would probably make a comment that would piss both of us off. 

"I missed you too." Vivien said with a smile and held me tight.

"I missed myself too. Can we now finally go home?" Matthew asked annoyed and I got out the hug with Vivien.

When I heard him make a comment again, it just made me so angry. I wanted to slap him so hard so his jaw would break and he wouldn't be able to talk. I know, I loved him but god knew how annoying he could be and how easily he could get under your skin.

Vivien rolled her eyes at her brother and welcomed everyone, except Matthew. I don't know exactly why Vivien disliked him so much but seeing how he behaves and treats people, it seemed understandable.

"What you didn't miss your big brother?" Matthew asked and Vivien looked at him as if he was her biggest enemy.

"Not even for a second." She said harshly and took my hand as she turned herself around - and walked away to god know where.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Alberto's car. He parked a long way from here." Vivien said and I nodded. Luckily my we didn't really have a lot of suitcases. Each one of us had only a backpack.

When I turned myself around to see if the boys were following us, I looked straight into Matthew's eyes. I quickly turned my head again and closed my eyes as I was cursing myself.

Why the fuck did you turn yourself around?

We walked for at least five minutes before, I saw Alberto waiting near a car. He was leaning against the door but when he saw us, he immediately smiled and stood right up.

"Hey." Alberto greeted me and I just smiled at him. I had no idea what to say to him.

He was one of my best friends and he completely lied to me. God knows about what he is lying more... I guess Alberto could see that I was shaken up or was still dealing with all of this.

Quietly, I sat down in the car and so did the rest. I was sitting next to Vivien and honestly, it made me feel the safest than I have this past couple of days. I held onto Vivien's hand and I saw that she was looking at me in a bit of worry.

The whole ride everyone was quiet. No one spoke a word. Nor me, Vivien or the boys. I looked outside, admiring the sky. If heaven and hell were real, would we all end up in hell? I mean... I knew what Matthew was doing... Wouldn't I be accountable for that?

When we finally reached home, I was glad that Katherine wasn't there. It would have pissed me off seeing her hang around Matthew's neck. As soon as I walked inside, I quickly walked towards my own room.

I let myself fall onto my bed and looked right in front of me. I felt this pressure on my chest, as it warned me that I was going to break down... I felt the need to cry my eyes out.

Slowly, tears started forming in my eyes and breathing became harder. I cried softly and kept crying until I couldn't breathe. It felt like if I kept on crying, I would eventually die.

I wanted to be out of this and as soon as I got my degree, I would run from this place. I would run away from Matthew because I can't be here... I can't be around him. He brings me but most important of all, my family in danger.

"Lauren?" I heard Vivien ask and I looked up with tears in my eyes. She looked at me in shock but yet again, I felt like she understood why I was crying in the first place.

She said nothing and quickly walked over to me. She sat down next to me and held me tight. I leaned my body on hers and just cried. This all I needed at this moment...