Chapter 38

Hey! I hope that everyone is well! Another update again! You guys are actually so lucky! I am planning something new for the readers so I hope everyone is looking forward to it!
_________________________________

Vivien was shaking, literally shaking and she was covered in blood somehow. What happened?

"Are you okay?" I asked carefully. I know that she was angry with me because of being with her brother. I know that it wasn't ideal but I couldn't just ignore the way I felt... Even if I tried too, I know I can't get away from him. I tried.

Vivien nodded her head as she was shivering. I looked at her with pain in my eyes. It hurt me to see her like this. She was my best friend. I came a little bit closer and held her arm to reassure her.

"You can always talk to me." I said and Vivien looked at me with pain in her eyes. She looked terrified by only the touch I made with her body. She sobbed and hugged me. Shocked, I stood a few seconds. I didn't think she would.

"I am here for you." I said as I hugged her back. She was crying softly and holding tightly onto me as if she was scared that I would let her go. When we got out of the hug, she looked at me with her red and puffy eyes.

"What happened?" I asked as we sat down on my bed. I still held onto Vivien and pulled a little bit closer to me. I was cold myself and slightly shaking and her body warmth made me feel warmer. 

"I got raped..." She said softly. I tried looking as surprised but I couldn't. I overheard them... I know what Harry did to her. I just don't understand because he is not like that. He was either too drunk or there was something else going on. 

"I heard... Harry..." I said softly. Vivien looked at me as if she was reliving the moment again. It was as if something was flashing in front of her eyes which made her shake all over again.

"Hey... It's okay. You are now safe." I said and she nodded. She sighed as she held onto me. Somehow, she stopped sobbing and she stopped shaking. I guess it was a good sign. At least she wasn't upset anymore. That's all I wanted.

"I am going to shower... I feel dirty." Vivien said and I just gave her a small smile. I understood why she felt that way. I would have too... She walked out of my room and went to hers. I sighed and hoped that Matthew would come back anytime.

When I turned myself around, I could see Matthew's car driving through the drive through. I quickly stood up and walked down from the stairs. I went to the front door and Matthew opened the door. He looked confused and shocked at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked a bit shocked. He was out of breathe and his whole face looked red. My eyes widened when I saw a lot of blood on his t-shirt and around his lips.

"Matthew!" I shouted as I quickly touched his lips. I didn't realise how he would react or even if he would allow me. He held my hand softly.

"I am okay. It is not my blood." He said. Normally, I would have gotten mad at him but this time a huge relief went of my shoulders. I sighed and looked at him.

"You can't do this..." I said softly. Matthew looked at me in disbelief.

"What do you mean? Harry raped her." Matthew said and I shook my head.

"I meant walking off like that and scaring the hell out of me." I said and now I saw an amusing smirk appearing on his lips. He gave me a look.

"You should be careful, Young. You are showing affection." He said and I laughed softly.

"You showed it first." I said and Matthew smiled. 

"How could I not?" He asked. He came a bit closer and wanted to kiss me again but I stepped away.

"Vivien is home and I don't know how she feels about us." I said carefully. I didn't want him to get mad at me but Vivien's approval mattered to me. I didn't want to do this behind her back. She doesn't deserve that.

"Vivien will be fine with it." Matthew said and he looked up now on the stairs.

"Where is she anyway?" He asked.

"She went to have a shower. You know because of everything..." I said softly. He nodded and both of us walked upstairs. We waited in the hallway for Vivien. 

"So Vivien was mad at you?" Matthew asked me out of all the sudden. I looked at him as I nodded my head. I didn't wanted to tell him why. I mean he didn't make something clear... We had been kissing but Matthew did that with a lot of girls... Not only me... 

"Why?" He asked out of curiosity. I sighed as I looked at him.

"I told her that I liked you. She didn't take it well." I said and Matthew looked at me as he was smiling.

"You like me?" He asked. He was flirting again.

"I am trying." I joked. Matthew smiled.

"I like you too." He said and I looked at him, quite in shock. My heart was pounding and I don't know how I still managed to breathe.

"Well..." I said softly. Matthew looked at me unsure. 

"I know my reputation with girls but I have never told them that I liked them. They knew I wasn't serious." He said and my thoughts travelled to Vivien's friends.  Did they knew?

"I mean it when I say it, Lauren." Matthew said as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"I don't know what it is but you make me feel something. You make me want to be better for everyone." He said and I could see his eyes shining slightly. He was smiling and from that moment, I knew that he meant it. 

"Expect Harry." I joked and Matthew gave me an look of 'Why are you ruining our moment' look. 

"That's a way to kill a mood." Matt joked and I laughed softly.

"I am glad." I said as I looked at him. He looked at me in confusion.

"Glad?" He asked.

"I am glad that you like me too." I said as I looked at him as if I was in love since we met which is untrue because I couldn't stand him.