Chapter 31

Wow! I remember when I just started writing for After! We are on our way to 7k. Bruv, WOW!
________________________________

I was finally at home. I was sitting down on my bed with my laptop on my lap, writing some essays about the human body.

I heard raindrops against my window and I smiled. I loved the rain, not to be in it. I know I would literally be annoyed but I loved it when I was inside and then just staring at it.

It was so relaxing.

Matthew's parents were finally back so some order was back. Matthew wasn't as rude as he used to be due to his mother's fear. I sighed and walked down. I saw Vivien sitting on the couch and to my surprise, her parents were not here.

"They are at a family party and they are staying there for the night." She mentioned as if she knew that I was wondering where they were.

I smiled and just nodded. I sat down next to her and looked at what was on the tv. She was just watching a random show on Netflix. Not really my thing, I guess.

I remembered what Alberto told me. Deep inside of me, I knew that she wouldn't probably judge me for liking her brother but I wouldn't be the first one to do so. I know what her answer was going to be. I could predict it.

It wasn't right to not tell her. I always told her everything and the last time I hid something from her, she was hurt. I don't want to repeat the same mistake again even though I was terrified to tell her this.

"Vivien." I said softly. I saw her looking from the tv towards me. She gave me a small smile.

"Yes?" She asked and waited for me to speak. My heart already started to race and I started to get nervous.

"Euhm..." I mumbled. I saw Vivien frowning and she let out a nervous laugh.

"What is going on Lauren?" She asked confused. I bit my underlip and then let go of it. I looked at Vivien and sighed.

"I-I like Matthew but I know he..." I said softly. I saw Vivien's smile fading away and she looked at me as if she was about to slap me.

I was kinda scared she would. I would have slapped myself for this.

"Are you serious?" She asked a bit harsh which took me by surprise. I didn't think she would be angry immediately.

It wasn't as if I was going to end up together with him... I knew he wouldn't...

I nodded my head slowly, too scared to actually say something. I was afraid that she would take it in the wrong way which would make her angrier. I should have never told her. Vivien closed her eyes in annoyance and then opened it again.

"I hate it to break it to you but my brother is not exactly boyfriend material. He will break your heart." She said and every word hurt me. Even though I knew whatever she said was true.

He was going to hurt me if I would go on that road.

"Vivien, I-" "Don't. Please." Vivien cut me off. She was clearly annoyed. She stood up and I looked up as she was walking away from the couch.

"Where are you going?" I asked confused. I was afraid that she was going out. It wasn't safe for us and that was because of Matthew.

Vivien turned herself around. She looked like she was going to explode out of anger.

"You know. Many of my friends fell for my brother and after he broke their heart, they stopped hanging out with me." She said.

"That's the reason I never really have friends other than Alberto and now you." She said now much softer.

"But I am not going to wait around when Matthew breaks your heart and for you to leave me." She said and I saw that her eyes were shiny.

"Vivien, I would never leave you." I said and I stood up. She shook her head.

"Words don't matter to me anymore. Everyone said that to me and look at me now. My own brother couldn't care less about me." She said and some tears streamed down her face.

That's when I realised that Vivien was more broken than she actually has shown.

"That's not true. He cares about you. I know he does." I defended Matthew without really thinking. The words just slipped out of my mouth. I saw the surprised look on Vivien's face.

She clearly didn't expect me to stand up for him and to be honest, neither did I. Somehow I just knew that Matthew did care for her. I knew he did. He just didn't show it to her.

"You are unbelievable." She said and rushed upstairs.

"Vivien! Wait!" I shouted and followed her through the hallway. I stopped when I saw the door opening and saw a soaked wet Matthew walking inside.

Confused, he looked at me and then upstairs in the direction of his little sister. Vivien was long gone and I guessed she was in her room already.

"I missed some drama." He said with a smirk on his face and I rolled my eyes.

"If you would show that you cared even a little, it would make your sister think differently of you but of course! Matthew fucking Daddario pretends that he is Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries!" I shouted in anger.

"Wake up call! You are not! And now get out of my way!" I shouted and pushed my way through him. He held me by my arm and yanked me backwards. I tripped over his big feet and looked at him.

"What?! You are going to hurt me again? Do it!" I shouted. Matthew's eyes were full of rage. It almost looked like there was fire coming out.

His grip loosened from my arm and I pushed him which made him take a few steps backwards.

"HURT ME THEN!" I screamed but Matthew just continued staring at me. I groaned annoyed and walked upstairs to my room.

When I was in my room, I saw the wash line.

"Fuck fuck! My working clothes!" I cursed. I quickly opened the door of the balcony of my room. The door was pushed back hard by the wind but I couldn't care less.

By just standing here for a few seconds, I was already soaked wet. I quickly took my clothes and turned myself around to open the door. When I grasped the handle and tried opening it, it wouldn't open.

"What the..." I said confused. Somehow the lock was jammed and I couldn't open it.

"Vivien!" I shouted but the thunder started.

"Not now..." I whispered. I saw Matthew walking angrily back to his car.

"Matthew!" I shouted but he didn't reply.

"MATTHEW!" I screamed now. Matthew turned himself around and I saw him looking around searching for me.

"HERE!" I screamed as I waved. Matthew's wet hair was just on his forehead and his rosy lips were wet. Fuck he looked hot.

"Please get me out of here. The lock is jammed." I said.

"But I am not Damon Salvatore and I am going to think about that because you are certainly not my Elena." He said and walked off. I saw how he got in his car and drove away.

Okay, what am I suppose to do now?