Chapter 50

Hello everyone! Enjoy this chapter! After is getting wrapped up bit by bit! I hope you guys will enjoy the last few chapters! I want to thank all of you for being such a great support during writing this story! It sure as hell made it more fun to write it!
________________________________

I waited impatiently for Matthew to return home. It had been a few hours since he had left. Matthew's father was slightly freaking out and Vivien somehow got used to all of this. I still didn't. Was it wrong off me or was it just human? I loved him and I told him that... He loved me back... That's all that mattered to me and I wanted him to come back home so we could rest like any normal couple could do.

I wanted to cuddle with him... Be close to him and watch stupid movies while eating rubbish food. I wanted those little things. I wanted his safety above all of this. I wanted him to be able to leave this... but somehow I felt like no matter what he did, he would never get rid of this dark past from his life. It would always haunt him like no other. It would always be a part of him whether he liked it or not or whether I liked it or not. It didn't matter... It would always stay there, be there...

"Are you okay, Lauren?" Vivien asked a bit concerned as she saw my pale expression. I quietly nodded my head, not really knowing what I should do or say during this situation.

Here I was again, waiting for him to come home safely. I just wish that he didn't have to do this... There was so much going around in my mind that I wasn't even able to think. It was too much for me. What if something had happened to him already or what if something happened to his mother while reaching to the hospital?

My heart was pounding and I closed my eyes out of fear of imagining the worst. 'Please stop.' I told myself mentally. 'I can't take this.'

"Lauren?" Vivien asked as she placed a hand on my shoulder. I exhaled sharply and looked at her as I opened my eyes. Her concerned expression stared at me.

"I am just worried." I reassured her. I was way too over worried. How long has he been doing this? Even before I came and nothing happened to him, right? He will be okay. Nothing will happen to him.

"Alberto is calling them. They are on their way back." Vivien said and a small smile appeared around my lips as I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I said softly, thanking her for calming me down. I don't know how much more I would have been panicking if she didn't reassured me.

"Have you seen Harry?" I asked carefully. Vivien nodded her head quietly as she focused her gaze on the ground.

"Did he speak to you?" I asked out of curiosity and she nodded her head again. She wasn't shaking anymore as she normally would whenever his name was mentioned.

"He did it to save me." Vivien spoke out softly without looking up to me as if she was avoiding eye contact with me. I scoffed.

"What?" I blurted out in disbelief.

"Yes, Lauren..." Vivien said, now looking up so she could look me in the eye. I frowned as I looked at her in disbelief. What the hell was she on about?

"The day at the party. The day when all of this happened. There were people around, wanting to kill me." Vivien said and I gasped softly as I shook my head.

"B-But that doesn't give him an excuse to do what he did to you." I stuttered, still confused.

"If he didn't do what he did that day, I would have been dead now. They forced him. The boys were not around to help him." She said and breathed out. I looked away confused, not really knowing what I should be saying without hurting her feelings or saying something that I don't mean.

"They made use of me and him on purpose. To create this void between Matthew and Harry so it would make them more vulnerable when this attack would happen. It was suppose to kill you." Vivien said and I exhaled sharply.

My hands slightly started shaking when I understood why Matthew didn't wanted me to follow him. Did he know about it? I was threatened by Ian but... this soon?

"You are in danger... It's not safe for you to walk around alone or to get to work or the campus, Lauren. They thought this ahead..." Vivien said and I clearly could hear the fear in her voice.

"What will happen from now on?" I asked confused. Vivien shrugged her shoulders and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Alberto walking in.

"Matthew is here with the rest." He said which made me immediately stand up. My heart skipped a beat, hearing his name. I quickly walked towards the front door, seeing him talk to Harry.

Without waiting a second, I walked towards him, standing in front of him as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. I sighed out of relief, seeing that he was okay. Matthew smiled softly as he took me in his embrace, hugging me tightly.

"You are back." I breathed out. I felt him nodding his head as he still held onto me.

"I told you. I always find my way back to you." He whispered, loud enough for only me to hear it. I chuckled softly as I buried my face in his neck.