Chapter 51

I groaned when I woke up and laid my hand on the bed, hoping that I would feel Mattthew's presence but he wasn't there. I frowned and fluttered my eyes open just to look beside me.

He really wasn't there.

I sighed out and sat upright in my bed. Yesterday passed down quickly and Matthew stayed with me the entire time. It was nice to just cuddle. I didn't even realise that I had fallen asleep in his arms. I stood up from the bed, checking whether he might be downstairs in the living room or kitchen.

When I finally made my way downstairs, I didn't see anyone. Not even Vivien. I furrowed my eyebrows and checked my phone to see if they had messaged me but my mind went blank when I didn't see any text messages from them.

"What the hell?" I muttered underneath my breath as I went with my hand frustrated through my hair. I couldn't help but to feel a bit anxious.

I quickly dialled Matthew's number but after a few seconds he wouldn't pick up. I breathed out and quickly called Vivien who did exactly the same thing. Did something happen while I was asleep?

"Stop thinking like that, Lauren." I said to myself and shook my head, wanting to believe and be comforted by my own words but it didn't help at all.

"Alberto." I said quick and called him but he also didn't pick up. Confused and helpless, I looked at my phone screen. Who else was I suppose to contact? I didn't have Dominic's nor Harry's phone number.

What if they were just visiting Freya? Everything should be alright... Matthew had killed the person. I have nothing to worry about... Matthew was going to be okay just like Vivien because there was nothing that should be coming back.

I slightly jumped when I heard my phone ringing. My heart fluttered and I quickly looked at my phone screen while my smile faded away slowly.

No caller ID

With trembling fingers, I picked up the phone. I knew that this wasn't a good sign... Right?

"Hello Lauren." I heard a very familiar voice. A voice I wanted to forget. A voice I didn't wanted to be reminded off at all.

"Ian..." I said softly. My heart was pounding in my chest and my mind started attacking me with terrible, and horrific thoughts.

I heard him chuckle over the phone before he spoke again, "I told you. I will come at you when Matthew expects it least."

I blinked a few times before I looked down. My legs felt weak and I felt like if I didn't sit down at anytime that my knees would eventually give up on me. My breathe was trembling as I was quietly breathing. I was sure that Ian could hear that.

"What do you want from me?" I asked a bit angrily. He laughed which sent shivers all over my spine. The one person I was so afraid off was him. Ian would do anything to satisfy his revenge on Matthew and I didn't even know about what it was.

"You should be asking me that." He said as I heard him click something metal against which made a clanging noise. I frowned.

"What?" I blurted out surprised.

"I have Matthew here with me and if you don't come, I will make sure to kill him with my bare hands." Ian said and his voice was so stern that it terrified me even more.

"N-No." I whispered softly and I felt my hands weaken but just in time, I remained strong. I swallowed my saliva as I looked in front of me.

"Come to the campus. I will pick you up from there." He said before hanging up. Without any hesitation, I put my phone in my pocket as I quickly walked out of the house.

My heart was beating so much and I felt this terrible lump in my throat which made it harder for me to breathe. I sighed and quickly walked towards the nearest bus stop to get to the campus as soon as I could.

My mind was so blank... I don't know what to think or say. If something happens to Matthew... I don't know if I can survive that. We have went through a lot. From hating each other to liking one another... Our relationship had just stared... It just started to bloom into more and I was afraid that I was losing it already.

Stressed, I sat down in the bus as I impatiently waited to get to the campus. I looked outside and saw all the cars driving past the bus. I sighed and squeezed my eyes shut.

What was I going to expect falling in love with someone like Matthew? I loved him... more than anything but I was so freaking terrified all the time. I wasn't even that scared for my own safety as I was for his. I knew how reckless he could be... I saw it with my own eyes... Did he do that now again?

I opened my eyes and exhaled sharply. When I finally reached the campus, I stood in the entrance of it, waiting for someone or Ian to come up to me. I looked around me but I didn't see anything. I took my phone out of my pocket to just see at least seven missed calls from Matthew.

I furrowed and called him back.

"Lauren?! Where are you?!" I heard him screaming through the phone. Before I could answer, I felt something hitting me behind my head, causing me to let my phone fall out of my hands.

I whimpered softly as I grunted and held the back of my head. Everything in front of me started to spin around and I took a few steps backwards as I started to stumble. The energy in my legs started to give up and before I knew it, I fell backwards while being surrounded with just darkness before I became unconscious.

________________________________

Hello! How is everyone?
Well... Lauren is quite naive isn't she? ...