Parenthood

A big dust cloud filled the air . When the dust from building started to clear up. Big pieces of the building randomly few across the field and made a path. Avery was on the floor bleeding she looked up at him. He ran over to her without hesitation. He got down on the floor with her

Avery: I'm sorry. I don't know where he is.

Larry: Belle.

Avery: He attacked me I don't know if he died.

Larry: I don't care about him. I'm just happy you're okay... I thought you-

He stopped speaking and hugged her. His eyes were watery.

Avery: I'm okay... I.. I can't walk. I can't feel my leg.

Larry: I'm gonna help ...

He picked her up and brought her near Lau. Lau was hot wiring a truck that Michael was supposed to use. It had cash, a gun and small baby bag with a diaper and a blanket. He stopped and turned around.

Lau: Avery!

He hugged her with so much relief and closed his eyes thanking god.She smiled at him.

Lau: Are you Okay?

Avery: I'm okay

Larry: Lets go. We can't stay here forever.

Lau: I know... I hot wired this truck. The baby is inside..

Larry put the Avery in the truck and went in with her.

Larry: Hotel for one night then we get on a plane home. You drive.

When they finally got to the hotel they all showered and changed clothes. Avery looked down at the baby seat on the floor and unbuckled her seat belt. She picked her up and smiled. Avery put a clean diaper and the clean blanket on her.

Avery: Look who's up. Hey mamas

She smiled down at the baby and played with her hair.

The baby had chinky bright light brown eyes with brown curly hair. Her hair had little highlights of blonde from Avery but she had some of Larry's face. Larry sat next to Avery and held her hand. The baby looked at them both and smiled.

Larry: oh my gosh...

His heart melted completely and he kept glancing at Avery.

Avery: *chuckles* You wanna hold her?

Larry: Yes please..

She placed the baby in his arm and he couldn't stop smiling.

Larry: Hi daddy's princess

He kissed her cheek and she touched his nose. He started to cry.

Avery: What's wrong?

Larry: I missed it...

Avery: Missed What?

Larry: Being there for you when you were pregnant... her birth. I feel like a bad dad...