Escape

Avery packed up clothes in a book bag for herself and Leilani. Larry and Laurent started packing also.

Sofia: Avery? Why are you packing?

Avery: Because we are gonna leave here. There is not enough food for you or me.

Sofia: please don't make me go back out there...

She kneeled down to Sofia and grabbed her face lightly.

Avery: Nothing will happen to you Sofia. I will protect you... They will protect you.

Sofia: Promise?

She held out her pinky. Avery hooked her pink around.

Avery: I promise.

She nodded and got off the bed. Avery grabbed a blanket and gave it to Sofia.

Avery: Wrap it around you it's cold outside.

She wrapped it around her and Avery got Leilani dressed in a hat, scarf and a warm outfit.

Larry: Okay so I'll hold Leilani's car seat and my bag. Lau you hold Sofia when we get outside. Avery needs both her hands and her energy.

Lau: Okay.

Avery put a book bag on full with her stuff and the baby's. Sofia stood next to Lau and look at him she reached for his hand then stopped . Lau looked down at her and smiled.

Lau: You can hold my hand.

He opened his hand and she held his. She smiled at him.

Sofia: Thank you... I'm nervous

Lau: You're gonna be safe you know that?

Sofia: I do.

Avery: Okay come on it's time.

She opened the door slowly and walked into the hallway. It was dark and quiet. Lau picked up Sofia and put the blanket over her head

Lau: Eyes closed petit this isn't pg

She put her head down and Lau stepped over a dead body. Floor after floor seemed quiet nothing but the awful smell of bodies. When they made it down to the main lobby they quietness stopped. The biggest group of people stood in the way of the door.

Avery: I don't wanna hurt all of you.

Some girl walked up laughing.

Larry: shit...

Girl: What four people against three hundred? Give it you're best shot love.

Avery: Who are you?
.
Girl: I'm in charge around here. You took our food and killed my men.

Avery: Oh okay so you must be new Hi I don't give a fuck.

Girl: Give me the girl and I'll let you go and try to survive out there.

Avery: How about who ever is in my way dies.

Girl: Give me the brat she was caught stealing food from me.

Avery: Oh so you have food and where are you getting it from.

Girl: I'm the only one who know the combination to the safe of food downstairs. Nobody here eats until she's back so you could understand why they look angry. You wanna eat around here you do what I say.

Sofia gripped Laurent and started crying.

Lau: Shh nobody is going to take you I promise okay?

Sofia: im sorry... I was hungry

Lau: Dont apologize.