Detective Smith

They all went to bed but Larry stood up to keep watch. He didn't trust those Vampires. In the middle of Avery's sleep she started thrashing in her sleep.

Larry: Avery?

He could hear her heart racing miles a minute. She was trembling and she looked like she was gonna cry.

Larry: Hey wake up.

She called out his name like he wasn't there.

He grabbed her arm and she jumped up. She looked at him like she was seeing a ghost.

Larry: I'm right here. Come here baby

He pulled her on him and sat back with her in his arms

Larry: You had a nightmare?

She nodded and laid on his chest.

Larry: Do you wanna tell me?

Avery: no.

Larry: Okay... can I see it?

He rubbed her back.

Larry: I can see into your memories but that's if you want me to...

She looked at him and sighed.

Avery: Go ahead...

He touched her and his eyes turned blue. He was inside her dream. She was in the lab again being tested on. They had her strapped down like a dog. She was shaking uncontrollably and screaming. She looked pale and tired.

Michael: Set the setting higher.

Doc: But sir she can have another seizure.

Michael: I have Larry's blood she will be fine now turn it up high.

He turned it higher and her screaming only grew worse. She thrashed against the restraints. Her screaming made him uneasy and guilty. She screamed out his name repeatedly. He tried to touch her and everything faded away into darkness. He saw Michael pop up and he was holding Leilani. Another part of her dream...

Michael: Take her back to her cell.

Avery: Please dont do this... don't take her from me.

He watched them unstrap her and drag her away. As she screamed for her baby. He let go of her quickly.

Larry: That's not real is it?

Avery: It's real..

He looked at her and held her closer. He felt guilty and his heart ached. He watch his daughter's birth from a memory. He watched her being taken away.

Larry: You're Okay now I'm gonna hold you baby.

She buried her face in his chest and held him.

Avery: I love you Larry...

Larry: I love you more Avery Adams

He stroked her hair and used his compulsion.

Larry: Go to sleep and have good dreams.

Her eyes closed and she laid on him peacefully and he kissed her forehead.

Larry: I'm always gonna love you Avery...

The next morning Larry got up extra early. He packed the car and everyone book bags.

Avery: Larry?

She woke up in a calmer mood than usual.

Larry: Im right here baby... I just got stuff ready and packed.