Locked in

Avery: You don't think we'll be stuck in here right?

Lau: I think we shouldn't worry... this is a hotel right. They should have everything under control and if we were stuck here for a while they should have enough food and water to survive. Plus I got us extra food and a breast pump for you.

Avery: I can't pump bottles it's useless unless in the fridge. But I can still give it to her like normal.

Larry: I'm gonna go downstairs talk to the front desk just to make sure things are okay. You both stay here dont panic.

Larry grabbed his room key and went down stairs. People from every floor were coming out of their rooms in a panic crowding and attacking the front desk people.

Man: CALM DOWN PLEASE! It looks like we will be staying here a while! The roads are covered, the power in the city is gone.

Lady: What the hell are we supposed to eat?! What are we gonna be charged these extra nights?

Man: No you will not be charged. You will come down for food in the morning we have short lasting generators only for the lobby. We will have enough food for limited amount of days-

A lady pulled him closer and whispered in his ear. Larry got closer and used his enhanced hearing to see what she said.

Lady: we won't have enough food to last through tomorrow after dinner...all of our shipments trucks were scheduled for today.

The crowd started to yell and talk all at once.

Man: PLEASE SETTLE DOWN EVERYONE BACK TO THEIR ROOMS! Everything will be okay!

Larry looked around at the angry mob of people and at the door. It was filled to the top with snow. He pushed through everyone and went back to the room. When he got upstairs he closed the door and locked it.

Larry: The door is completely filled with snow and they don't have enough food to feed us all they're lying to everyone downstairs...

Avery: Oh my god...

Lau: Well we have food it will last us a couple more days than them at least 4 or 5 extra days.

Larry: That's the problem... when they run out of food to feed everyone they are going to get desperate and physical. No one leaves this room don't open the door.

Lau: Listen I don't think this will last long it's not like Orlando is cut off from the rest of the world.

Avery: Let's hope... right now we just wait and pray for the best.

She sat on the bed with the baby and went under the covers. As time went by it got unbearably cold. The power never turned on. They took out extra blankets from the dressers. At night Avery and Larry slept with Leilani in the bed. It was to dangerous to leave her car seat on the floor because of the cold draft and to dangerous to leave it on a chair. She slept in between both of them. When morning came they got a knock on their door.

Worker: Please this floor report down stairs to the lobby for breakfast.

He shouted through the door and went on to the next door.

Avery jumped up and looked at Larry. Laurent jumped up quickly .

Larry: Come on guys let's go get breakfast.

Lau: Shit..

They all got up and put on their shoes. Avery held the baby in her arms and wrapped her in a blanket.