Ch//2 Home at Last

Finally home.

Maddie turned her keys to our family house, that was so very much missed. As we stepped inside, I smelled the sweet aroma of that new house smell.

"It's good to be back" Maddie spun at the doorway, and almost tripped over our carpet. "You might wanna watch where your going Mads" I laughed with her as she dropped her bag in the living room.

"What should we do first?" I laughed at her question. "Unpack"

Maddie turned her head so fast I thought it would spin off. "You've got to be joking. We just got back. We have plenty of time to unpack"

"Okay. Then what should we do?" She got up smiling and walked over to me. "Pop's"

She grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards the door. I dropped my bag right before we left the house.

She unlocked her parked car, and we got in to leave.

~~~

"Oh how I've missed this place" I said as I walked into Pop's Chocolate Shop, not forgetting all the good milkshakes I've had here.

Oh..and getting stabbed by Nadia. But I'm totally over that...Kinda.

"Come on. Let's grab our favorite booth" Maddie skipped her way over to the booth as I walked behind her laughing.

"What can I get for you two beautiful ladies?" Maddie smiled up at Pop. "The usual Pop" he wrote stuff down on his notepad.

"Two strawberry milkshakes coming right up. Nice to see you two again"

"Make that three strawberry milkshakes" I turned my head to the familiar voice I heard behind me. I saw my dashing best friend, and her perfect white teeth smiling back at me.

"Brynn!" I got up and rushed to her. We hugged each other so tightly, I think we both almost passed out.

"I've missed you so much. You won't believe how much you've missed in the two weeks you were gone" we pulled away.

"I'm sure. We can catch up on it while enjoying our delicious milkshakes" she smiled and walked back to the booth with me.

~~~

"So Annie has already gotten excepted to a college?" Brynn nodded her head to my question.

"Yep. And she's been overly excited about it, so she's throwing a party tonight"

Great. Just what I needed. To be reunited with everyone from high school. Curse Annie's friendly genes. Loves being friends with everyone.

"That's...amazing"

"Oh come on. I'll even help you pick out an outfit" I creased my eyebrows.

"What makes you think I can't pick out my own outfit?" Brynn straight faced me. Can you believe that! She straight faced me!!!

"Come on Kenz. Let's not be rational" Maddie and Brynn both laughed. "I hate you guys" and I joined in on the laughter.

~~~

"So, these will not do. We have to go bold. Good thing I hid a few special somethings around your room" I looked at her confused.

She walked to the back of my closet and pulled out a draw, that was for some reason inside my wall. "When did that get ther—"

"This. This is perfect" she held up the most retro outfit yet. It's such a Brynn outfit.

"So, I'm you?" She laughed and handed me the dress. "Wouldn't you love to be me. Now get dress. We're going to be fashionably late"

~~~

"Wow, I forgot how big her house was" Brynn looked at me and smiled once again

I swear, her face is going to get stuck like that.

"Come on, let's party" I hesitated for a second. Brynn looked concerned.

"What's wrong babes?" I looked at my shoes.

"Johnny..." Brynn lifted my head up. "He's probably not even here"

"Or he is, because he heard I was coming" Brynn rolled her eyes playfully. "You're being paranoid, let's go" Brynn dragged me into the house, as we got to the kitchen she poured us beer.

I looked at it, remembering the memories I've had with beer. I'm such a hypocrite.

"Kenzie?!" I lifted my head to the person that called my name.

And there he was...

Johnny fucking Orlando...