Ch/33 We Need A Break

"There. You look even more perfect now" Johnny said putting the towel in the sink that ran with blood. I looked at him softly, he wasn't even smiling.

"I'll clean up downstairs, I'm sure Isaak should be up...soon. You, just get some rest" he patted my shoulder and started to get up to leave.

I was so not taking that. After everything he's helped me with, I can still see that look in his eyes. And it's not just his fault.

"Johnny" I said quickly, slowly getting up. He stopped and looked at me. I took a few steps towards him and kissed his cheek. His face flustered with redness.

Then, he smiled and walked downstairs.

I thought, I should probably clear the sink just in case my sister comes back home.

After I did that I went to check on Brynn. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside. She was sound asleep.

I closed the door back gently and went into my room. My head was hurting and the room started spinning so I laid down.

I closed my eyes, trying to make the pain go away. Nothing was working.

I fell asleep soon..the headache slowly dimming.

~~~

"Kenzie. Kenzie wake up" I was being rapidly shaken. My eyes flew open and I saw my sister looking down at me. "Huh?"

"Oh thank god. I thought something happened, you weren't waking up" Maddie sighed. "Right, sorry. I guess I was just tired"

"Yeah. So when did Brynn get here?"

I completely forgot to tell her.

I sat up to level with her. "I brought her here yesterday. She was trying to hurt herself..I didn't want her to be alone" Maddie's face turned soft.

"Oh no..poor Brynn"

"Is she up?"

"Yeah. She's talking to Hunter downstairs" Brynn?! She's finally talking?

"Really?" Maddie nodded her head. "Wow. The only time she spoke to me was when I got her yesterday"

"Well maybe, she's changed"

"Yeah...maybe" Maddie got up from my bed. "Well, I'm gonna let you get ready" I looked at her confused. "Get ready for what?" Maddie stopped at the doorway and turned around. "We're going to therapy with Brynn"

"What? We don't need therapy"

"I know. But it's just to comfort her. And since we have our own life experiences, we could probably share too" she walked out my room and closed the door.

I never even thought about going to therapy. I normally just push my emotions down when they weigh me over, and I can't deal with them. Maybe it'll be nice. Who knows.

~~~

After we got back home from Brynn's therapy session, I realized I haven't seen nor heard from Johnny. So I decided to call him.

Two calls no answer. What could he be doing? I didn't even know if Isaak was okay. So I called him, to make sure nothing was wrong.

"Kenzie?"

"Isaak! Your okay!"

"Yeah, I am..no thanks to your boyfriend"

"I'm sorry about that"

"Don't be sorry Kenz. It was my fault really. I didn't mean to hit you, it was just reflex"

"No, I totally understand. I should've stayed out your way"