Ch//10 You Think I Killed Your Mother?

"Yeah. Of course, come in" he turned his body away from the door and let me come inside.

Once I stepped through the threshold, it was like all our memories here came rushing back.

I snapped out of my thoughts when his mother came into the room. "Kenzie's here now?" He turned his head around to see Mer, folding her arms against her chest.

"Yes mom, she's—" his dad came into the room and cut him off.

"Johnny brought another girl home? Twice in one day. Back to your old ways I see"

My thoughts ran wild. Two girls?! What the heck is he talking about?!

Mer hit Dale on his shoulder. "Honey, Johnny is a grown man now. He can make his own decisions. Even if, there bad" she said eyeing me.

What is going on?!

I bet Lauren has something to do with it.

"Mom, dad, shut up. Mackenzie is perfectly fine the way she is. Now leave, please"

His parents nodded their heads and walked away.

I can't believe he actually said that about me. But then again, I can. Considering the fact that he told me he still loves me.

"Finally. Wanna go up to my room for some privacy? So we can talk" I nodded my head and smiled. I followed him up the stairs to his room.

"So..what is it?" He said turning around after closing his door.

I honestly had no idea how to start this conversation.

Oh hey, I was just wondering if you kidnapped my mother, even though I'm choosing not to believe that, but then again..I don't know what your capable of.

"Uh..Brynn told me something..." I said looking at the floor. "I..don't really know how to ask, say any of this really"

Johnny plopped down on his bed. "Don't worry, take your time. I don't mind you being here longer" he said smirking.

Of course he would be amused by this! I'm just gonna get this over with, and leave him be. Even though, I want to be with him so bad.

"Fine. Did you kidnap my mother?" He had the most shocked look on his face. Like I just accused him of murder. Which, I technically did.

"Wha-what?" I stayed quiet, kind of afraid of speaking anything else.

"You think I..Kenz? How could-"

"I know. I'm sorry. Just tell me what happened"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you go see my mother that day? At the pier" he looked relieved. Like I wasn't accusing him of murder.

"I wanted to talk to her"

"About?"

"Something. It's not a big deal now. But I swear to god Kenz, I didn't kill your mother. I don't even know..how you could think..that"

I saw the hurt in his eyes. Coming here was definitely a bad idea. I think I just made our relationship worse.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know why I..I guess I just jumped to conclusions"

He nodded his head and walked to the door. "You jumped to conclusions?! You think I killed your!-..no. You need to leave Mackenzie, now"

His voice scared me. It's never done that before.

I didn't even want to think about how loud he would have raised his voice at me if I stayed.

I walked past him and opened the door. Lauren, of course; was standing at the door. Most likely listening to our every word.

She scowled at me and I pushed past her also.

"I told you she wasn't good for you"

"Yeah...whatever Lauren"