Ch//13 She's Hiding Something

We stopped in the parking lot of Pop's and I got out the car.

Before walking away I leaned into the window. "Thanks Maddie" she turned her head away from her phone.

"For what?"

"For helping me get my mind off things today"

"Oh, no biggie. Now go have fun. Same as I'm about to do"

"Wooo!" We both heard Kalani shout from her car. I laughed as I walked away from her car, waving as she drove off.

Finally going inside, seeing them sit at the booth near the window. "Was that Kalani?" Brynn asked as I sat across from her next to Isaak.

"Yep. Their going to a frat party"

"Maddie, frat party. Not a great combination"

"Oh, don't worry. My sister can handle her" Isaak said laughing a little. "Oh I bet" I smiled back.

We sat there and smiled at each other awkwardly. Until Pop, broke the tension. "What can I get for you little ones today?" I turned my head, breaking my contact from Isaak's golden eyes.

I started telling Pop our usual orders. "Yeah Pop, can we get two strawberry milkshakes, Hayden with a Vanilla one, and.."

"I see we've got a new comer. Trust me, you'll love what ever milkshake you choose" Pop said confidently.

"Uh...I'm gonna go bold. Can you do a strawberry and vanilla milkshake?" Pop started writing down on his note pad. "Coming right up. I would have suggested the Cupid's shake, I always sense when a relationship is starting to bloom" Pop smiled and walked away.

There's no way he was talking about me and Isaak. Right?

"See, Pop can see it too!" Brynn happily smiled. "Be quiet Brynn" I glared at her, and Hayden and Isaak looked back and forth at the two of us.

"Um..what is she talking about" Hayden asked. "Nothing. Nothing at all" I replied quickly.

Pop soon came back with the shakes, and we continued talking about how the past two weeks went. "I've lived in Ohio with my dad for my entire life, I decided to come visit my mom and Kalani for the summer"

"Cool. So, have you applied for colleges yet?" Brynn asked happily. "Yeah. Just waiting for a email back" Isaak answered, drinking more of his milkshake.

"What do you want to major in?" Hayden asked right after. "Uh, music"

"That's so cool! Kenzie's always wanted to be a drama major!"

"You know, those aren't the same thing Brynn" I smiled and put my arms on the table. "Sure. But their similar. See? You guys already have something in common"

I rolled my eyes. "It's getting late, we should start heading back to my place" I got up first and headed to the door.

Brynn by my side, and the boys behind; splitting the bill. "You've got to stop doing that Brynn" I said as we walked out the door towards Brynn's car.

"Doing what?" I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face her. "Trying to set me up with Isaak" I said a little lower, considering the fact that the boys were headed our way.

"But why?" She whined out. "You guys would be so cute!"

"You would say that. You're just trying to get me away from Johnny, trying to get me to stop seeing him. Why?" Brynn's face went cold. She's definitely hiding something.

"What, are you hiding? It's your turn to tell me" she stammered on her words before speaking. "I-I'm not-"

"Hey, is everything okay?" Isaak came and cut her off. Brynn, wiped the tears that were forming and turned around. "Yeah, everything is okay. We should, uh..we should get going" Hayden nodded and started walking to the car, along with Isaak.

We followed, farther behind. "What was that?" Brynn looked at me like her entire world was ending. "I can't Kenzie..I just can't" she sped up faster, unlocking the car and getting in.

Instead of sitting in the front, I sat in the back with Isaak to avoid anymore awkward conversations with Brynn.

She was hiding something. I'm going to find out what it is..sooner or later.