Ch//22 Now or Never

"Fuck! Just tell me if my girl is okay or not!"

"Not, your girl anymore, remember? And I don't think she ever will be, ever again"

"Really Carson? You want to fucking push me right now?"

"Hey, you guys need to chill out. Isaak said he got her to the hospital, she's fine"

"I don't give a shit about what Isaak said Brynn. Did he see? Does he know for sure that she's okay?"

"Well, he didn't exactly—"

"Then why the hell would I trust a word he says!"

"Johnny! What is wrong with you?! You know, I could be with my best friend right now, but I'm not. Because I'm here, making sure your dumb ass doesn't do something stupid. She means everything to me! And now..she doesn't even consider me a stranger...because I let your words get inside my head. God! I'm so fucking stupid!"

"No, Brynn. I'm sorry. Your not stupid, your genuine. It's completely my fault, okay?"

Brynn phone starts to ring. "Hello? What?! No..no no no!" Brynn threw her phone at the ground. "Fuck!"

"Brynn, what is it?" Carson asked. "I-I gotta go"

~~~

"So I'm good to go?"

"Yes. We just need your sister to sign here, and you can leave" Maddie walked over to the doctor and signed the notion of my release. "Come on Kenz, lets go" I got up from the hospital bed, already dressed, and left.

As we were driving home, Maddie got a call. "Yellow? Maddie speaking. Oh...no. Okay, we're on our way" Maddie immediately turned the car around, resulting in me holding on the door handle for dear life.

"Woah. Maddie, what's wrong?"

"Brynn..her mom, didn't make it" my heart stopped. My poor best friend. I felt so bad. Even though I had just found out what I know now, she needed me. I was one that would obviously know how the loss of a parent feels. But Brynn..she's tried to be so strong for her mom. She was never one to cry like that, it'll crush her soul. Her mom meant everything to her.

~~~

Back in the same hospital. God, I just can't get a break. Me and Maddie rushed to where Brynn's mother's boyfriend said they would be. Which ironically, Maddie does have his phone number.

I saw Brynn sitting in one of the chairs with her head down. I think his name was Justin, Ashlee's boyfriend. Could have possibly been Jasper. Oh well. He was sitting across the hall from her. She still had a grudge against him. Not surprising.

"Brynn!" I yelled and she lifted up her head. Tears were streaming down her face. I ran over to her, and she stood up. We hugged. "Oh, I'm so sorry Brynnie" she just kept crying more. We hugged for what felt like hours, which was probably only seconds.

~~~

"You know..I didn't think you'd ever what to speak to me again"

"Why would you think that?" Then it clicked. Right..Annie's party yesterday. "Oh" Brynn places her hand on mine. "I really am sorry about that Kenzie. I just got caught up in what he was saying and I felt really bad—"

"Don't, don't be sorry Brynn. It's not your fault. I know how alluring the pull of Johnny Orlando can be. Trust me, I've fallen for it thousands of times. And I'll probably fall for it again" Brynn laughed a little.

"There's that smile" she looked up at me and almost started crying again. "I love you Brynnie"

"I love you too" We hugged and laughed as we pulled away. "Now. Do you want me to walk in with you?"

"Yeah I would like that" We both stood up, Brynn took my hand. We stood at the chapel doors, fearing what was on the other side.

"Its now or never Bry" she looked at me and smiled.

"Why couldn't it have been never?"