Ch//5 Mom?

"Well that was something" Brynn said as I unlocked my front door.

"Yeah. Never going to another party again" Brynn gasped. "But you have to. Annie throws the best ones!"

"Well I don't wanna" I said as I walked to my kitchen. "Just because Ashton beat you in an ice cream eating contest doesn't mean anything"

"Yes it does! It means I can never show my face at another one of her parties" Brynn started cutting an apple from my fridge.

"Stop over exaggerating. It's not that bad. Now, eat half of this apple while I go to the bathroom" I laughed as Brynn went up the stairs. She can be an odd one sometimes.

I went into my living room, gazing at all the pictures of my mother. She was so pretty.

Why couldn't it have been me? I would do anything for her to be here with me.

Tears started falling once I saw the bracelet she always wore, that Maddie made for her. It was supposed to be a symbol of good luck.

So much for that right...

I felt Brynn put her hand on my shoulder. "Whatcha looking at? Oh..." she turned my body towards her, as I kept my eyes on the bracelet.

"It's going to okay Kenzie" she said softly, while bringing me into a hug.

Tears just kept streaming down my face, as I came to the realization that she was actually gone. My mother! Was dead! And it's all his fault....

I hugged Brynn back while I let out my cries and she patted my back.

~~~

"So...Kenzie" Brynn started off as I was doing my hair in the bathroom.

She made me wake up at seven today, and I don't know why. Just kept saying a bunch of stuff about we can't sleep in.

"Please don't get mad" I stopped what I was doing and walked into my room.

I saw her holding my phone. "Oh no, what did you do?"

"It was an accident. Kind of.." I walked over there and grabbed my phone from her. "I really have to change my password" I looked at my phone, realizing what she did.

"You agreed to go meet up with them!?" Brynn flinched at my loud tone. "Why would you do that?!"

"I just thought, it would be fun. You know, like old times" I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on my bed.

"Don't touch" I glared at her before returning to the bathroom.

"You know you have to cancel Brynn"

"What?! No!"

"Yes Brynn! I'm serious"

"Please Kenzie. It could be fun"

"I doubt that" she popped her head at my bathroom door. "Fine. Then I'm cashing in my best friend card" I rolled my eyes mentally and looked at her through the mirror.

"I hate you" She laughed. "Love you too babes. Now..what are you going to wear?"

~~~

"I am the best at dressing people" I laughed at Brynn, even though she was not wrong

"I am the best at dressing people" I laughed at Brynn, even though she was not wrong. "Let's just go in"

We walked into our old hang out, 'Black Top' and sat down at the table where we greeted Carson and Annie.

I sat down next to Brynn and whispered to her. "You two on good terms?"

"Not, exactly" I turned my head as I heard the bell on the front door rung, indicating that someone walked in.

I couldn't help but stare in 'aw'. Johnny couldn't look any better.

Hayden followed in after him.

But of course I freaked. And thank god my phone started ringing, that way I would have an excuse to restrain from them for a while. "I gotta take this. Be right back"

I said to the three at the table. Not paying Johnny and Hayden any mind as they walked past me.

I made my way to the end of the juice bar where it was empty. I looked down at my phone and couldn't believe my eyes. The screen read...

"Mom..."