Ch//3 Party

My heart started to beat faster as I saw the gorgeous human being standing before me.

Why can't I just stop my feelings for him?! He's the reason for all this! And I still can't fully get over it...

"I didn't know you were back today.." he said softly, like we've never even talked to each other.

"Uh..yeah" really!!! That's all I could say!! This is so embarrassing.

Out of nowhere, Hayden came up to me and grabbed my hand. My eyes widened as he smiled ever so gently at me. "Let's dance princess"

I was dragged away from my best friend. And Johnny. But I'm kind of grateful for that, it was getting pretty awkward.

I looked at Hayden as he started jumping frantically to the music, then decided to join in on the fun. I mean, it is a party. "There's that smile I love" him saying that just made me smile more.

"I'm sure you've been waiting to say that once I got back" I laughed. He joined in soon after. "You might be right. Something about you just, works. You know?" I laughed once again. "No Hayden, I don't"

He grabbed my shoulder and stared at my eyes. "I still love you" out of nowhere my heart felt like it switched places with my brain. Oh God! This can't be happening.

I tore his hands off of me and ran out the crowd. I dashed to the back door and try to breathe the fresh air. Once I caught my breath, I leaned against the wall and slumped to the floor.

Not Hayden. Not now at least. I'm still trying to get over my mother's death. This is just...too much. You know?

Laughing at my thoughts, repeating what Hayden said to me.

The back door slid open and revealed my best friend. "Kenz?! Are you ok? I saw you rush out here, I thought you might have thrown up"

I smiled and stood up. "Nope. No throw up here"

"Then what happened?" I tried looking everywhere besides her, not wanting to answer that question.

But she grabbed my face and forced me too. "Tell me" she said sternly.

Great. Now I have to tell her how I think I'm falling for Hayden. Life can't get any worse.

"Hayden told me he loved me and I freaked" I said fast so she possibly couldn't here me. But she did, she heard all of it. "Why would you freak out? You've heard him say it before"

"I know, it's just..." Brynn's eyes widened as she came to the realization of what I didn't want her to know. "Kenzie?! No way! Oh my god, you like Hayden!!"

I rushed my hand over to her mouth, and stopping her jumping. "Be quiet" she removed my hand from her mouth and whispered. "You like Hayden"

"I don't. Okay. I thought I might have. Don't go blabbing this to anyone okay?" She nodded her head. "But what if you do" I thought for a second.

"I don't" then brushed past her and into the house, hearing her call after me. "What for me Kenzie!"

I looked back to see where she was and accidentally walked into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry, it's my fault" as I turned my head to reveal who I bumped into.

"Oh.." I panicked again and started to walk away. But before I did, Johnny grabbed my arm.

"Please, can we talk?"