Ch//16 All My Tears Have Been Wiped Away

My eyes opened slowly and I rubbed my face. I felt the dried tear stains as I looked around my surroundings.

I was asleep, on Isaak, in my bed.

Not, awkward at all. Mhm.

So, I did what any other sane person would do. I rose up quickly and went into my bathroom.

I tried forgetting what happened yesterday, but everything came rushing back. I turned the water on in my sink and splashed my face with it, letting the water fall down my face.

God! I need to figure myself out.

"Kenz?" I heard from my room. Great. I walked out the bathroom and smiled at a very sleepy looking Isaak. It was kinda hot.

Oh god. I did not, just think that.

"Hey" I said happily, as I plopped down on the bed acting as if everything was fine.

"Are you okay?" He asked, putting his hand on my thigh. I looked down, flustered.

"No. Not really. I mean, it's not everyday you find out your mom committed suicide"

I say that with lots of remorse.

"Yeah, we can uh..we can talk about it. If you want" he said ever so sweetly. I shook my head and smiled, assuring him that once again, everything was fine.

"No, it's okay. I'm not really a talker" Isaak smirked. "Just a cry-it-out kind of girl huh?" I laughed a little. "Sure"

I bit my lip as he stared into my eyes. I couldn't break away from his stare, it was like he was pulling me in.

But...I can't.

"We should, uh..get ready. Brynn said something about breakfast" I turned my head the other way.

Isaak nodded and got off my bed. "Yeah, I'll see you down there" he left my room quietly.

I don't know what I'm doing. I definitely need help. Maddie? Nope, she is probably knocked out from beer. Brynn? Totally not going to weight her with my pain. But, I will tell her what I found out. She's my best friend after all.

Hayden? I don't think we're really that close anymore. Already talked to Isaak. But then...Johnny. I should really talk to him. But I doubt that he'd want to see me..ever.

My mom would have been so much easier to talk to. I wish she was still here.

I blinked my thoughts away as I rose from my bed. I brushed my teeth and headed downstairs. I didn't see anyone in the living room, but I heard talking in the kitchen.

"And the black sheep returns!" Brynn yelled. I smiled and looked confused. "We were just talking about you and Isaak's cuddle session" my eyes immediately flew over to Hayden, who was staring at the floor.

Isaak was sitting at one of our counter stools, and Brynn was closing the fridge after getting a water bottle out.

"Yeah..um, about that. I need to speak to you" I grabbed Brynn's arm and she set the bottle down, as we walked passed the counter.

I brung her back upstairs to my room. She looked at me concerned. "So..I feel like I've cried all my tears for the day, so I'm going to try and keep it together"

"Kenzie..what's wrong?" I licked my lips and cleared my throat. "I found out my mom committed suicide" I found it really surprising that I actually said that without crying.

Brynn obviously was too. "Wait, what?!"

"Here" I sat down on my bed and motioned for Brynn to sit with me.

I played her the voicemail.

"Woah...Kenz. I don't know—wha—I.."

"It's not okay, and no I'm not fine, and yes. I know your sorry. But I'm trying to get through it, it's a hard process. I'll be okay..one day" Brynn brung me into a hug, but pulled away as we heard the door bell ring.

We both got up and sync, and laughed a little at the fact.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard the most dreadful voice ever.

"Hi. I'm here to see Maddie" I saw Hayden at the door holding it open, I felt Brynn holding my arm once I got to the bottom of the stairs.

Tears were itching to get out. Just when I thought I didn't have anymore.

How did he find us?!

"What the hell are you doing here?..."