Ch//30 Heartbroken

We all drove to Annie's house. It was like the party house now. But, there was no party this time. Thank God.

Everyone was settled in. Annie was making everyone succumb to the idea of going in the pool. Hayden hasn't talked to me or Johnny for the past hour we've been here.

Johnny didn't seem like he cared. Like, at all. But me, there was just something about the whole situation that made me feel bad.

I wanted to talk to Hayden, but he kept walking away from me every time I tried.

So, instead of getting in the pool with everyone else. I sat in Annie's kitchen eating her ice cream while scrolling randomly through Instagram.

I heard footsteps coming near the kitchen. Yeah, she has a wooden floor.

Well, I looked up and Hayden soon arrived at the door.

Since he of course, wants nothing to do with me. I got up to put Annie's ice cream away and started to the door, on the other side of the room. "Kenzie wait"

Wait..is he talking to me?

I turned around slowly and looked confused. "Your talking to me?"

"Well yeah, who else is in here?"

"Right..." I looked down awkwardly, waiting for him to speak. "Why'd you do it?" I lifted my head back up. "Why did you choose him? After everything"

I definitely knew this was coming. But I had no idea what to say to it.

"I..um..."

"I mean, like did you forget what he has done? I always treated you with respect, and you chose him?! Come on Kenz..what can Johnny give you, that I can't?" I barely even had time to think before Hayden came really close to me.

Forcing me to step backwards and lean against the wall. He put both his hands on either sides of me, making me not move. "I want you to look at me, and can you honestly say you don't feel anything for me"

I was honestly scared to answer.

Hayden leaned in after a few seconds of me being quiet. That's when I decided I would stop being afraid to hurt his feeling.

I grabbed his face away from me. "Look Hayden, I care about you, I do. But you can't do that. I'm with Johnny, and I'm happy with Johnny. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear that, but it's the truth"

"But I loved you, this entire time! Even when he treated you like shit!"

"Well I'm in love with him. Not you" Hayden got real quiet. Seconds later he walked out, joining the rest of them out by the pool.

I had seen Isaak emerge from the shadows. I looked at him blankly and sighed. "How much of that did you hear?"

"All of it" I rolled my eyes. "Great. Don't tell anyone okay? I'll do that myself. If Hayden doesn't screw things up again" I walked out the kitchen with Isaak following behind me.

~~~

I was back at my house with Johnny, Annie, and Asher. We were watching a movie when I pulled Johnny into my room upstairs.

I closed the door and we sat down on my bed. "What's up Kenz?"

"So, there's something that's been bothering me, and I want you to know that it meant absolutely nothing"

"What..happened?"

"Please, promise not to yell. I hate it when you yell"

"Tell me.." I held his hand, hopefully that would help calm him down for what I'm about to tell him. Cause Johnny was always the jealous type, especially when it came to Hayden. Who's supposedly his best friend.

"So, earlier at Annie's house..Hayden...tried to kiss me" Johnny's face was turning red. "But of course I stopped him before anything happened" he started squeezing my hand. It was really starting to hurt.

"Johnny..my hand" he looked down, then let go. "I'm so sorry Kenz...I'm just, angry"

"I know I know—"

"What did he say to you?"

"He said, that he loved me.." Johnny stood up, and walked away from me. "Why are you just now telling me this?!"

"We were having such a good time, I didn't want you to be mad"

"Oh, you mean like what's happening now?!" I jumped. Tears threatening to spill. I fucking hate it when he yells.

"This is bullshit Kenz! Complete bullshit!"

I got real quiet. "What is?" He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at me. "Us. We are. I don't know why I even came back to you, you never really cared about me! You were just using me to get what you want!"

"Johnny..what are you talking about? That's not true" this is when I really started crying. "Of course it is! Since when have you ever worried about me?!"

"All the time Johnny, all the fucking time"

"Stop fucking lying to me! I don't love you! I don't!" He was breathing heavy, and I was borderline dying. Tears just kept falling from my face. Something just kept telling me, he wasn't actually talking about me.

"You..you don't love me?" Johnny's back hit against the wall. He slid down and put his head in his hands. "No..no. I don't love you" His voice started to crack. I don't think I was the only one crying.

I slowly got up and walked over to him. I sat down and hugged him. He folded his arms over his knees but kept his head down. There's no way he was going to let me see him cry.

"I hate her..I used to love my mom, but now...she's dead to me" it broke my heart to hear him speak like this.

He lifted his head and gazed at me. His eyes weren't shining anymore. It's like all the light that was there, disappeared. Tears still dropping from his eyes.

He caressed my cheek with his hand. "You're all I have left Kenz.."