Ch//26 He's Back?!

"See? You look so much better now Brynnie!" I dried her hair off with a towel. "Don't you feel better?" She just stared at herself in the mirror. Then she started grabbing a brush off the counter.

My phone started ringing. "Watch her" I said to Hunter as I walked out the bathroom and answered the phone. "Hello"

"Kenzie, where are you?"

"Brynn's house.You saw me leave this morning"

"Right. Well um..I need you to come back over here"

"What? Why?"

"Dad's here. Him and Johnny..are not happy to see each other. Did you know, our dad is Johnny's step-father?"

"Oh god. Yes, I knew that. I'm on my way"

I hung up the phone and went back in the bathroom. "I'll be back Brynn okay?"

"Where are you going?" Hunter asked. "Family drama. I gotta go"

~~~

Once I opened the door all I heard was yelling back and forth. I scanned the room and didn't see anyone in the living room.

I continued walking after putting my car keys down. They were yelling on the stairs. Maddie was sitting with her head in her hands. "Maddie?!" She lifted her head up and grabbed my hands.

"Thank god your here. Help me! They won't stop yelling" before I decided on asking her more questions I walked up the stairs more. "Dad!" He immediately stopped yelling and looked at me. "What the hell?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

Johnny turned around to me also. Greg started coming up to me and tried to grab my shoulders. I moved back, and Johnny started coming closer. "What are you doing here?" Maddie obviously didn't try hard enough because they instantly stopped when I came.

"I heard about Ashlee—"

"You know, you wouldn't have to only 'hear' about things if you'd have actually stayed around" I folded my arms over my chest. "Kenzie.."

"Don't. Call me that" I made my way back down the stairs, realizing that he was wasting my time. "Mackenzie, wait!" My dad called after me.

I stopped in my tracks, before opening the front door. "What?"

"Is, Brynn okay?"

"Like you care.." I scoffed. "Of course I care. Ashlee was a good friend of mine"

"Oh, so you couldn't stay for your so called 'friend' or your god damn children?!"

"Mackenzie..it wasn't like that"

"Then tell me. How was it?" He just looked at the ground and scratched his head. "Exactly. That's what I thought" I put my hand on the door knob and started to turn it. "Please—"

"No. I'm done. Your not worth the calories I burn talking to you" I finally left the house. But before I got into my car I heard Johnny calling after me. "Kenz!" He came up to the car. "Yeah..hey" I said flipping my hair over and looking down.

"Hey...what's wrong?" He said lifting my head up. Tears were just screaming to get out. "I hate him. I hate him so much it hurts. He thinks it's okay to just come into our lives whenever he chooses" the tears started falling, and my throat began to clog up.

"He thinks we'll still want to see him after everything he's done! He's left multiple times, and every time he comes back it's on his terms, when he wants too! He never has thought about anyone but himself! He doesn't even have a fucking heart!"

Johnny pulled me towards him and held me against his chest. He rubbed my head slowly and kissed my forehead. "I..hate, him" I said while crying. All he ever does is bring out the worst in everyone.

"It's okay baby..it's okay"

It felt so good to be with him, but we all know that I can't stay happy for long.