Chapter 32: New York Fashion Week

Roni POV
New York has been fun. We've been here for a day and we've done some sightseeing and just relaxing. We had a quick meeting with Too Face this morning and now we're off to the first show of the week. Today's theme is business. I've paired a black, white fitting skirt with a suit jacket and a white dress shirt under it. To spice it up I had to add a black bow tie. I put my hair up in a pristine bun with two pieces hanging from the front. We had makeup artist that Too Face sent to do our makeup. I pop on some glasses to make me look even more studious and I pair my out fit with a purse shaped like a briefcase.

"Our car should be here in ten minutes" Nessa says from the bathroom. She's wearing a suit with the pants a little baggier than usual and she made sure the tie was looser too. She has one side of her dress shirt tucked in and one side untucked. It would look messy but she makes it look good. I don't even know how that's possible but Nessa makes a lot of stuff that would look horrible on anyone else, look good on her.

"Ok" I respond. I put the finally touches on my outfit and refresh my lipstick.

"Come here" Nessa says. I walk to the bathroom while putting my earring. When I walk in the bathroom I get a face full of setting spray.

"Nesssssaaa! You have to warn me before you throw a bomb of setting spray at me, that ain't cool!" I say while spitting out a mouthful of setting spray.

"Relax. If anything I did you a favor. We don't want our makeup melting off, do you know how many pictures we have to take today?" She says

"You're right" I sigh. "Next time just give me a fair warning" I complain. She rolls her eyes as she walks out.

Our Limo is here. We were expecting something like an Uber but it's a straight up limo. It makes us feel boujee.

"I feel special" Nessa says

"I feel rich" I say and sort of bounce on the seat. "Key word feel" She giggles at my last comment. We chat and giggle until we pull up to big, strangely shaped building. It's a little dark outside but we can clearly see the burgundy carpet that leads up to the door. Velvet rope lines the outside of it. There's photographers everywhere and security guards all around. Nessa and I do a silent and mental freak out. Someone opens the door for us. We get out, look at each other, and link arms. We strut down the carpet as we enter the building. The security guards had already warned us about photographers and stuff, but I didn't think it was going to be like that. I distinctly heard someone say "I love them". I wanted to turn around and met who ever said that. I really like meeting fans. It hurts me that I didn't get to do that, but I'm rushed away by security guards before I can turn around. We're taken into a room with the runway. We sit in our assigned seats. The have our names on the back of them.

After a couple of minutes the show starts. Designers introduce their ideas quickly and the models start coming out. There are some very eccentric designs. Some of them look like they're straight up wearing trash bags. I'm not a fashion genius, so I don't know if that really is going to be the next fashion wave, but I sure hope not. Some outfits are better. I really like the shoes that look like sneakers but have a really thick clear soles.

After about an hour and half of seeing models strut across the stage and hearing the flashes of cameras it's time to leave. It was only the first day so it was kind of short. We get back in the fancy limousine and make it back to the fancy hotel. It feels really strange to be at such a fancy place. That doesn't stop us from stripping off our makeup, putting on sweatpants and our husbands shirts, and stuffing our mouth with New York style pizza.

"I'm going to have so much acne after this" I say through a mouthful of pizza.

"Don't worry we have professional makeup artist coming, they'll definitely be able to cover it. Plus, you look fine." Nessa responds with pizza in one hand and her phone in the other.

"My lactaid pill will definitely help me through this one"

"Judging by the way that I'm eating this pizza, I'm going to need one too" she says "OH MY GOD, LOOK WHAT AARON JUST POSTED she almost yells. I look at her strangely and open to Instagram. It's Aaron, Kian, Alex, and all the kids with Tom Holland. It's captioned with "Look who we ran into today. P.S Ik Nessa's going to kill me for this post but don't worry Nessa we made a day for you guys to meet.

I look up at Nessa who looks like she almost crying. She gets up and starts jumping up and down. She stamps her feet on the floor. She starts dancing

"I get to meet Tom Holland!" She whisper yells so we won't get a noise complaint. I roll my eyes and laugh. I text Aaron and tell her about her reaction. He found it funny and updated me on the twins. He sends me a picture of all three of them smiling and giving a thumbs up I heart the image and make it my wallpaper. Nessa gets a couple of pictures of Rebel and Kian.

"My day has been made" she says "First I get to know that I get to meet Tom Holland and now I get a really cute pictures from Kian and Rebel, could this day get any better?" She says. I smile I love the pictures and New York fashion but I really miss my babies and home.