Chapter 2: The incident

It had been five years since that day at Capsule Corporation, well five years and five months. Today was Goten's birthday. Goten was a spitting image of Goku, who they had managed to convince to come back to life. Gohan had kept his word and protected Earth in his father's absence, though he had slacked a bit since starting high school. But with his new friend Videl to keep him company (actually, she wouldn't stop pestering him so he decided to train her) he had gotten back into the swing of training. Goku was stronger than ever now, as was Vegeta, but neither could match Gohan. His knowledge of the Turtle, Demon, Wolf, Crane, Kai, and Saiyan styles that he had picked up, and his knowledge of the human, and saiyan, anatomy he was almost untouchable, not to mention he had the highest power level on the planet, possible in the universe.

"Gohan!" Goten ran up to his brother, who had just touched down, with Videl, outside their family home. After hugging Gohan, Goten moved on to hugging Videl. Both teenagers returned the hugs. "Videl, do you know what day it is?" Goten asked, his smile almost going off his face.

"I don't know, is it, Goku's birthday?" Videl teased.

"Nope." Goten held his mouth to keep from laughing.

"How about Trunks' birthday?"

"Nope." Goten was practically about to burst with laughter.

"Oh I know, it's your birthday right Goten." Videl asked, bending over to look the now five year old in the face.

Goten hopped up and down "Yea, you got it right! I'm..." Goten stopped hopping and with an extremely serious face, put one hand up in a fist, he tapped each finger and as he did, he raised it and counted up by one. "One, Two, Three, Four, Five! I'm five!" Goten began bouncing again, but Gohan and Videl couldn't help but laugh at what the five year old had just done.

"Goten, time to come inside! Trunks and Bulma are almost here!" Chichi called, then caught sight of Gohan and Videl. "You two inside too!" She ordered.

"Yes mom." Gohan straightened up, Videl followed suit. Chichi scared her, a lot. The three went into the house to set up for the party, with three super fast, super strong, super accurate guys, it wasn't very hard, the flying helped too. They all sat at the long table that Chichi had gotten Goku to make last week just for today, and waited for the guests to arrive.

"So Videl, are you gonna enter the tournament too?" Goku asked the girl who sat opposite him.

"Yea, I think so. I'm not gonna be able to do much against any of you though." She said with a sigh, "I really don't know how Krillin is that strong though, even Yamcha is stronger than I am."

"I've been friends with Yamcha for a long time, hell he was stronger than me the first time we met. And Krillin was tied with me for a bit." Goku said, "But they both have way more experience than you do, they've fought with me throughout every major fight, except for Yamcha with frieze, because he was dead, and Krillin for Lord Piccolo, because he was dead." Goku finished. A knock at the door cut Videl off before she could state her shock, almost immediately Goten was at the door, opening it to reveal his best friend, standing there with a stack of wrapped boxes bigger than him. Bulma and, surprisingly Vegeta, were also there, but Goten paid them no attention and led Trunks to where he had to put the presents.

"Bulma, so good to see you, you too Vegeta." Chichi greeted her guests. hugging Bulma and nodding at Vegeta.

"Kakarot, could you and the brat accompany me outside for a minute." Vegeta asked (read demanded).

"Sure, be right back Videl." Gohan said, following his dad out the door.

Out of earshot Vegeta began to speak. "Are you two entering that clown Hercule's tournament?" He asked.