Chapter 19: Itachi Uchiha

"Why are we here?" A voice said, he sounded disappointed.

"Because this is where we were sent. Stop whining." Another man said, this one had a much more monotonous voice.

Both men wore black cloaks with red clouds, and large straw hats on their heads.

"But Itachi, I wanna blow stuff up." The first voice whined again, he hated missions like this, where he had to be stealthy.

"Deidara, if I hear you whine one more time, I'm gonna cut you up." A gruff third voice said, as the man appeared from a nearby puddle, he wore the same outfit as the other two, with a big, bandaged sword on his back.

"What did you learn Kisame?" Itachi asked, ignoring Deidara's whining in the background.

"The one tailed Jinchuuriki is in the Chunin exams, so we aren't going to get him now, not since the Kazekage is going to watch the final part of the exams anyways." Kisame answered.

"So, should we pay the Fourth's legacy a visit then?" Deidara asked, causing Itachi to smirk.

"I think that's a great idea, I'll go. Deidara, Kisame, go find out anything you can about the Nibi." Itachi ordered.

"Seriously! I gotta go on another stealth mission?" Deidara whined.

"Itachi, can I beat him?" Kisame asked, turning to the raven haired boy, who was no longer there. "Dammit!" Kisame yelled.

Itachi appeared at the gate of Konoha. Knowing he could not take the main gate without causing a disturbance, he decided to go around to a little secret only ANBU knew.

Walking to the eastern part of the wall, Itachi moved a small boulder out of the way, revealing a passage, he entered and moved the boulder back from the inside.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu." Itachi placed his hand on the wall, a crow coming out from the small puff of smoke. This crow was all black, with blood red eyes. "Hello Kurohi." Itachi greeted his summon.

"Itachi, it's dark here, I guess that's why you called me." Kurohi asked, his eyes glowing, allowing Itachi to see in the black tunnel.

"Yes, thank you Kurohi."

Itachi walked along the passage, Kurohi on his shoulder.

"Why are you in Konoha this time Itachi?"

"To check on Naruto, and report to the Hokage a little."

"Naruto, you mean Minato's kid?"

"That's the one. I might try and explain myself to Sasuke too."

"Are you sure you won't chicken out again like when he made Genin?"

"I'm not sure actually, I hope I don't though." The two continued in silence,coming to an incline in the passage. "Kurohi, I can take it from here, thanks for your assistance." Kurohi nodded and reverse summoned himself to his home.

Itachi continued up the incline, eventually coming to a small door, he knocked three times.

"I hope you are here to explain things to him, Itachi." The Hokage's voice answered, Itachi exited the passage, taking off his hat.

Itachi had onyx eyes like Sasuke, and raven hair, like Sasuke as well.

"Lord Hokage, I come today to do a few things, and speaking to my brother is one of them." Itachi said. "But first I would like you to know that Akatsuki will be going after Gaara and the Ichibi inside of him."

"Troubling, is it your team?" The Hokage asked.

"No, it is a new team, Deidara is one of them ,the other is Sasori. I believe that the attack will take place in two years time." Itachi said.

"Why two years, why not as soon as possible."

"Our leader would like the locations of each of the Bijuu before hunting them down."

"And, do you know his plan yet?"

"No, he has yet to reveal it to me." Itachi said.

"I see, you said you came here for more than just this, what else would you like to do?"

"I wish to pay Naruto a visit, is it possible to do so?"

"He is currently training with Jiraiya, near the large chasm that was made by the kyuubi attacking." The Hokage said, "You may go see him," The Hokage took out an emblem of a monkey's head, "Give this to Jiraiya, so he knows you are friendly."

"Thank you lord Hokage." Itachi bowed, and placed his hat upon his head, then re entered the little passage.

Inside the passage, instead of going down the incline, he turned left, heading to another exit, on his way there, his hand brushed up against a familiar symbol, the crow's head he and his teammate Shisui had placed there during their time in ANBU.

Start Flashback (Itachi's POV)

I stood in the Hokage's office, the third war was underway and Konoha was currently under attack.

"Go!" My commander yelled to me and Shisui, "Bring the Hokage to safety!" He yelled as a strong Raiton jutsu shattered the wall he was standing at, leaving a large cloud of smoke.

"Let's go Itachi!" Shisui yelled, taking the lead, the Hokage right behind him, I followed behind the two as rearguard. Shisui opened the tunnel and took a left, the Hokage and I following him.

"Stop here." The Hokage demanded, both Shisui and I stopped. "There is something I would like the two of you to do for me, leave something for me to remember you by, just incase."

"Yes sir." Shisui and I said.

"Should we do it?" I asked my best friend.

"I think we should." He smiled at me, and turned to the Hokage, "We have awakened the next step in the Sharingan."

"Next step?" The Hokage asked.

"Mangekyo Sharingan!" The two of us said together, our eyes changing, Shisui's becoming red with a black four pointed pinwheel design and mine becoming red with a three pointed black pinwheel design. "Amaterasu!" He and I yelled, black flame attacking the wall next to us, leaving the mark of a crow.

"Amazing." The Hokage said.

End Flashback

"I remember that." He muttered to himself, in all honesty, Shisui was always leagues ahead of him, a true prodigy. He placed his finger on the image, causing it to light up, a small message coming up.

Remember, no matter what happens, you will always be my best friend, Itachi. read the first message.

The second message read, Remember, if anything happens, I thought of you as a brother, Shisui.

Both Itachi and Shisui had, unbeknownst to the other, left messages for the other person in case anything had happened with the coup that was planned all those years ago.

"Shisui, why did it have to be this way?" Itachi muttered, continuing down the passage, seeing a faint light at the end. "This is it, the Fourth's legacy and Jiraiya." Itachi said, exiting the tunnel.

I know this was a short chapter and I apologize, but it is important to the story so you'll have to go with it. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, then leave them in a review, also I would really enjoy at least ONE, just one review about the Yamikaze siblings, I have no clue of you like them or not so I don't know if I should keep them. Anyways, thanks for reading.