Chapter 15: Prelims pt1

All of the passing Genin were gathered in the tower that stood as the goal for the second exam, in total there were only 24 genin who had passed and decided to participate, once the rule that killing was allowed came in. Those Genin were; Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Arthur, Tempest, Teren, Gaara, Kankuro, Temari, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Zaku, Dosu, Kin, Lee, Tenten, Neji, Gohan, Videl, and Goten.

"Before the final exam begins, we will first have a small qualifier, once your name is called please step into the field below, and prepare to fight." The announcer said. "First, Hinata Hyuuga and Neji Hyuuga!"

Hinata walked down, nervous that she would fight her cousin. Neji was much better and she knew it.

"Lady Hinata, I suggest you surrender now, or I will not hold back." Neji said, his monotone voice carrying a bit a malice in it.

"Neji, I can't give up, I will prove myself to my father and the whole clan that I am not weak." Hinata said defiantly.

"Your funeral." Neji said. The announcer called or the match to begin, "BYAKUGAN!" They both shouted, their eyes growing veins due to the chakra pumping into them. Neji moved towards his cousin in a burst of speed, hand extended and he jabbed at her shoulder. Hinata dodged, but just barely.

Then Hinata went on the offensive, trying to hit Neji with the same techniques that he had just used against her, quick jabs, strong jabs, any jabs she could think of, but Neji just knocked any possible advance off with his arms, hitting her wrist. "Lady Hinata, you will not get my tenketsu points."

Up in the stands, Naruto was confused, "Sensei, what's a tenketsu point?"

"It is a point that chakra can be expelled from, normal people cannot see it, only those with the Byakugan are able to." Kakashi explained, "And if they are hit properly, by a technique such as the Hyuuga family's gentle fist style, then the person hit will be unable to move that area for a while."

"WOAH." Naruto turned his attention back to the fight, where Neji was hitting Hinata ruthlessly. "Hinata, you can beat this guy!" Naruto yelled, cheering on his friend.

'Naruto thinks I can win, I'll have to prove myself to him.' Hinata thought, as she heard another voice yelling to her.

"HINATA, YOU'D BETTER BEAT HIM!" Goten yelled, shouting louder than even Naruto had.

Having two people cheer for her, one being a close friend and the other her crush, really invigorated Hinata, her strikes were now more focused and powerful, her vigor renewed. "Neji, I'm sorry but I have to win this." Hinata said, changing her stance, "Eight Trigrams: Thirty Two Palms!" Hinata shouted, flying at Neji with a flurry of jabs, after a measly two seconds, Neji was on the floor. "I... I won?" Hinata asked herself, but Neji began to stand up.

"No lady Hinata, though you may have surprised me, you have not defeated me." Neji copied Hinata's stance, "Now allow me to show you how it is really done, as fate has decreed! Eight Trigrams: Thirty Two Palms!" Neji flew at Hinata, copying what she had done just moments before. Neji stepped back once his flurry was done, and Hinata fell, blood spurting from her mouth.

"Winner, Neji Hyuuga." The proctor said, Naruto and Goten jumped down and rushed to see Hinata.

"Hinata, are you alright?" They asked in unison, "Hinata wake up!" Nothing, "Hinata!" The two screamed, the medics came and took her to the infirmary.

"Next Match, Naruto Uzumaki against Kiba Inuzuka. Would the competitors please come to the arena." The proctor said, Goten nodded to Naruto, who had not left the arena yet, and walked up the stairs, passing Kiba as he went.