Chapter 16: Prelims pt2. Shikamaru's angry side?

"Begin!" The proctor yelled, and Shino attacked with a few kunai, hoping to get Shikamaru off the bat.

"Sorry Shino, but I'm not gonna be lazy for this one." Shikamaru said, dodging the kunai and running to Shino.

Up in the stands, Naruto was amazed, "Woah, Arthur you're in trouble, Shikamaru's angry." Naruto said.

"How do you know?" Sakura asked.

"I've been sorta friends with Shikamaru for a while now, and he never runs unless he's mad or has to help someone." Naruto explained.

"It's true, the only other time I've seen him run is when Choji was drowning in the lake." Goten said.

Down in the arena, Shikamaru had engaged Shino in a Taijutsu battle. Despite his laziness, Shikamaru was actually very good at Taijutsu, especially his kicks, but Shino was good too, his legs just as powerful as Shikamaru's.

"Shikamaru, I will win here, why, because I am the one with more determination." Shino said, kicking Shikamaru away and sending a wave of beetles at him.

"Katon Fireball Jutsu!" Shikamaru went through a few hand signs and shot a fireball at the bugs, burning them.

"Shikamaru knows fire style jutsus!" Naruto yelled in shock, he had thought that Naras only used their shadow jutsus.

Shikamaru attacked Shino again, relentlessly kicking and punching the Aburame heir, who could do nothing to stop the onslaught. "I give up." Shino said as Shikamaru kicked him in the face.

"Winner, Shikamaru Nara!" The proctor yelled. "Next match, Tempest Yamikaze against Temari of the Sand! Please come to the arena!" The two kunoichi walked down the stairs to the arena and took up positions across from each other. "BEGIN!"

Tempest took up the offensive as soon as the match started, knowing that Temari's fan ment she was probably better at long range wind jutsus. Tempest sent a kick at Temari's head, which Temari ducked under and sent her own kick at Tempest, who was sent back due to the force of the kick meeting with her chin.

"Pretty good blondie." Tempest taunted, wiping a bit of blood from her mouth. "But I'm just getting started!" Tempest seemed to vanish, appearing beside Temari and kicking her.

"Fuuton: Gnashing Gust!" Temari whipped her giant fan at Tempest, shooting a blade of wind.

Tempest pulled a small tanto from her belt, coating it in chakra to block the wind. The small sword cut the blade of wind, sending both pieces around her. "Eat this!" Tempest ran at Temari, putting the tanto away and forming a few hand signs. "Suiton: Grand Tsunami!" Tempest shot her hands to the ground in a crouching position. a giant wall of water forming in front of her and crashing down on Temari. After the water disappeared, Temari was visible, knocked out on the ground.

"Winner, Tempest Yamikaze!" The proctor said, a team going and picking up Temari. "Next match, Ino Yamanaka against Sakura Haruno!" The two girls went down to the stadium.

"Don't go easy on me, Ino-pig." Sakura taunted.

"You neither, Billboard-brow." Ino tossed back, a smile on each of their faces, this would be a good fight.

"BEGIN!" Ino and Sakura ran at each other, each delivering a punch to the other's face.

"Pretty good, Billboard." Ino smiled.

"You too, Pig." Sakura smiled back. Both girls drew kunai and charged each other, the sound of metal clashing resonated through the arena. Sakura tried to throw a kick at Ino's head, but it was blocked by the blonde's forearm. Ino went for a knee to Sakura's gut, but that was blocked by Sakura's own knee. Both girls jumped back.