Chapter 26: Puralis, the Tiger God!

"You worry too much, you are not my escort boy." Puralis said to Gohan, standing in the middle of the clearing. Gohan noticed that the grass in the clearing was all a golden-yellow color, but still alive, and all the grass towards the North had a blackish tint, while the grass to the South had been red.

"That's my mission actually sir, I have to ensure you get to wherever it is you need to go." Gohan said politely.

"That was a lie, I wanted to test you." Puralis said, now facing Gohan, his right eye visible for the first time since Gohan had met him. It had a slit gold pupil, with lines going to the ends of his otherwise white eyes. "To see if you are a worthy of this power I possess."

Gohan was speechless, he was angry at the old man for taking him away from his friends for a bogus mission, but he was amazed that he was being offered someone's Dojutsu. "What is it?" Gohan finally managed.

"It is called the Tiger's Eye, a Dojutsu with a power almost like hosting a Bijuu and having the Sharingan, and the Byakugan all at once. This eye gives me 360 degree vision, an enhanced Chakra storage, and allows me to create a cloak of Chakra." Puralis said, "Though it is powerful, it comes with a price, you must appease the god of tigers and allow him to rest within your body."

"You want me to seal a god inside of me?" Gohan nearly shouted, that was insane, who in their right mind would seal a god?

"Exactly, if you do not agree I will have to kill you, and just so you know I can use Ki as well, my young Saiyan friend." Puralis said, a wave of Ki coming off him, pushing all the leaves around him away.

'So I guess I'll have to go through with this, for now. If I could control my Super Saiyan transformations this would be no problem, but right now I'd lose.' Gohan thought to himself, "At least tell me where we're going." He demanded.

"Right over there, the waterfall." Puralis pointed to the West, there was a large white cliff that looked vaguely familiar, the grass in that direction was noticeably white.

"Let's move then." Gohan said, walking ahead, he had no doubt that the old man could handle anything that dared attack him.

"AWK!" Gohan heard Puralis make a strange noise, he looked behind him to see the old man on the ground, an arrow lodged in his back.

"WHO DID THIS?" Gohan screamed, he felt nothing around him, who could have done this? "ANSWER ME!" He screamed again, his senses on high alert, he could hear everything that was going on in the forest.

"I apologise, it was me." A man came out from the brush directly across the clearing,how long had he been there, it couldn't have been too long or else Gohan would have noticed his presence. "I am the one who should be next in line for the eye of Puralis, and since the old man decided to go search for a new disciple instead, I had to kill him, and now I'll kill you too, Saiyan."

"Does everyone know my secret?" Gohan asked, he was getting tired of being called that.

"Only those who you really wouldn't want to know." The man said, Gohan took a chance to look at his features, he had long spiky white hair and green eyes, "Especially since you're wearing two of my comrades on your neck, they were supposed to kill you, not make you stronger." He complained.

"You're Zaiden, from the Forest of Death?" Gohan asked, "Who are you people?" Gohan asked, he really wanted to know why they were after him of all people.

"Those two were members of the Zodiac Warriors, a group that is lead by the Zodiac Force, I on the other hand, am a member of the DEVA group, we follow the Four Harmonious Ones, I follow this old fart Puralis, the White Tiger of the West." Zaiden said, "I'm his strongest follower, Catura, the dog."