Chapter 3: Enter, Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto was getting in trouble. Again. For the tenth time today, and Iruka was tired of it. The brat thought that he could deface the Hokage monument this time. What was wrong with this kid's head?

"Naruto, are you an idiot?" Iruka screamed / asked. Naruto merely looked at his teacher and stuck out his tongue in a playful manner. "NARUTO!" Iruka screamed and dragged him back to the academy.

Walking into the classroom, he had a tied up Naruto sit on the floor in front of everyone. The blonde would have joked around had he not been gagged. The whole class, save for one girl with short lavender hair, a young boy with a pineapple like ponytail that was black, and a big-boned boy with brown hair, who was eating potato chips. Those were the only people that Naruto could properly call friends, though Sarutobi-jiji was also his friend, it was more of a family relationship between them. The girl was Hinata Hyuuga, heir the Hyuuga clan. The kid with pineapple hair was Shikamaru Nara, a lazy genius who was heir to the Nara clan, and finally the large child was Choji Akimichi, heir to the Akimichi family and Shikamaru's best friend.

"Alright, so because of Naruto's stupidity, we are going to practice the Henge jutsu." Iruka told his class, receiving a groan from everyone. "First up, Sakura Haruno." A girl with pink hair, wearing a red battle dress stepped in front of the class, going beside Naruto she went through some hand seals Dog Boar Ram! with a puff of smoke the girl was gone and replaced with a copy of Iruka, Sakura puffed back into her usual self after a few seconds. "Good, next Ino Yamanaka" Iruka called a girl who wore a purple shirt and skirt with wrappings covering most of the skin revealed by the cuts in the clothing. She had pale blonde hair that was up in a high ponytail, with bangs hanging over the right side of her face. She copied the same hand signs as Sakura Dog Boar Ram! and also puffed into a copy of Iruka, and puffed back into her usual self almost immediately. "Good, next Kiba Inuzuka." A kid with messy brown hair, vertical slit-like pupils, and red fang markings on his cheeks came down. He wore a heavy grey jacket that had a small white dog sticking out of it. Kiba performed the same hand signs and transformed, looking a bit worse than Sakura and Ino, but still able to pass as Iruka. "Choji Akimichi" Iruka called, the boy performed the henge, "Hinata Hyuga" The shy girl performed a perfect henge. "Shino Aburame" The mysterious looking kid performed a near perfect henge. "Sasuke Uchiha." The dark haired kid went down and did a perfect henge, he then went back to his seat. "Goten, you try." Iruka pointed to one of the new kids the Hokage had put into his class the other day, claiming they were good enough to not have to start at the beginning of the academy.

*******************************************FlashBack**********************************************

"Iruka." Said the Hokage, having invited the Chunin to tea to discuss the three children he found. "I want you to accept these three into your class."

"Do they have the necessary training lord Hokage?" The teacher asked, worried that starting with three weeks of school left would cause them to fail.

"No, but that is part of the deal, if they do not pass, they must leave the village. It was the deal that I made with the one in charge of these three, his name is Gohan." Hiruzen said, pointed to the child in the middle. Iruka made eye contact. He had seen Jonin with less stories held in their eyes. This kid had been through some battles.

"Alright, I'll accept them, but who is training them?" Iruka said, understanding the plight of having nowhere to go, since he had felt the same way after the Kyuubi attack twelve years ago.

"I have someone in mind." Hiruzen smirked. "Thank you Iruka, now please escort them to the academy, I believe that class begins shortly."

"It does indeed lord Hokage. Please follow me you three." Iruka said, talking to the three new ninja in training, who merely nodded and followed their new sensei to class.